The Light Never Lies

"You did. Didn't you? I-I trusted you."

Anzu took a cautious step back, so many things to think about, yet her mind felt hollow. Every thought, every breath, seemed to take her farther into the reality of her situation. No mind space for things of ultimate demise, her memories everything from her protective barrier came crashing down.

What am I doing? I can't be a hero anymore, not with my past or my future. I can't expect Bakugou to accept me like this. I should have just gone home in the first place. I've killed, I already have a mark. He has none, and I will not tarnish that.

Her thoughts faded into being hollow once more when Aizawa reached out a hand, of which Anzu stepped away from him. Her skin and clothing were still soaked in snow, the cold of the night soaking through the garments and through her thoughts. She took several more steps, Bakugou had moved behind her now, which she didn't like.

"Please excuse me." She said, turning around, hoping her hair would cover her expression. The last thing she wanted was for Bakugou to see her like this. Her shoulder brushed past his and the warmth leaked through for just a split second. Bakugou held out an arm and stopped her in her path, and she could feel her heart beat growing intensely. She held his wrist loosely and moved the obstacle politely out of the way, continuing on to their room. For a split second, she glanced at him, hoping to send, some form of message. I'm sorry. He didn't try to stop her, just watched with an overwhelming sense of confusion.

I can not love someone like him. I never could I was just lying. Just lying.

She shut the door softly behind herself, letting her heart finally beat faster, letting out the bottled up fear and terror that had her bursting at the seams. She locked the door, and sunk in front of it. Shoved her hands deep in her pockets, focusing on nothing but her heartbeat echoing through her hollow mind. It was rhythmic, and coaxing, and somehow it still failed to keep the barrier of thoughts up for long. She had been pretending for so long, pretending that her world was still normal, pretending her past didn't exist, pretending she didn't have a second person in her fucking brain. Pretending she wasn't scared. She looked at her trembling with a sense of awe, didn't understand what it meant. A gust of wind slammed into the cabin wall, reverberations followed... and reminding her one final thing. They were in the middle of absolutely no where, and it was because of her.

I'm done. I'm tired of being weak, I won't go through this again.

Just give in. We're both tired... why don't you let us think for a bit. Stop running from what scares you.

I'm not running.

You're always running. You've never stopped.

I can keep going.

Face it. You're out of breath, you can either put up a fight, or just get picked off.... . . . Anzu?

There was no response.

Anzu took her face out of her knees and looked up. The room was already dark when she walked in, but as her glance shifted up, a soft red glow radiated out into the cinder room. The small particles of dust were illuminated by the red, casting slight little shadows to dance over the walls. She brought her head up farther, to see the shaft of light follow with her, staining objects scarlet only for a split second.

Your quirk comes out when you're scared you know. Self-defense and shit. Make sure you don't take that eye patch off, you could hurt someone.