Through My Finger Tips

"What the hell just happened!? What's wrong with you?" Bakugou yelled, following her through the house. Anzu's mind was running so fast she couldn't keep up. This was bad. This was really bad. She was so spaced out she couldn't answer. She simply shoved on his oversized coat and a pair of boots. "You can't just leave! Hey Don't ignore me!" He ordered, storming after her. She continued to walk. Aizawa had to know immediately. For all she knew this could be a re-run of last year's field trip. She slammed the door behind her, now that the adrenaline had warn off, she could feel the fire on her hand. It stung and before long she was leaving a small trail of blood in the snow. She took a second to collect some and place it on the wound. It hurt but at least it would stop the burning. She could see behind her, as the crimson red soaked throughout the snow painting the ground pink. Her heart fluttered as anxiety began to plague her. She continued walking, the wind pushing and howling at her like a wolf. She was freezing, and it contrasted with her hand, which's burning feeling crept all the way up her arm. She tried her best not to look at it. It wasn't important right now. She regretted everything. Every moment she was with the villain. She should've done better. She was trained to do better. She was supposed to be better at this point. So why was she still helpless?

"Aizawa!?" She called knocking on the door of his cabin. She had to knock four times before she got a response. He came to the door with his hair up in a ponytail, a long sleeve sweater and sweatpants hung loosely around him. He had a blanket wrapped around himself. "We need to talk right now." She said, her eyes stern but inside she was pleading. She just had to tell someone. Even if she was ashamed. Someone had to know. Aizawa squinted his eyes in confusion. He then moved to the side gesturing for her to enter. He closed the door behind her and though her surroundings grew warm she grew colder. What would she even say? Nothing she did could justify what's happened.

"Did you need something or are you just gonna stand there?" He asked, still blatantly confused over what she was doing here.

"Th-There was a villain..." The words just wouldn't come out right. Her heart hurt. Her head hurt. Everything hurt. She knew that wasn't the right term for what she was feeling. She didn't know what else to use. He put trust in her and look what happened.

"What!?" He asked whipping around from the kitchen. "What happened!?" Aizawa walked over and starred her directly in the eyes. She forced herself to meet his gaze. She was expecting anger, frustration, distrust. But the first thing she saw was worry. Not sympathy. Worry. And it was the first time she had seen it genuinely.

"I-I'm so sorry... He got away I should've been better I shouldn't have left I just... He slipped through my finger tips..." She stammered, was never good with explaining herself. The frustration, all of it just made her furious. He shook her explanation off.

"What about you? Are you injured?" He said staring her up and down. When he saw her hand he went immediately for the first aid kit. She didn't know. She couldn't tell if he was just doing what he was trained to do as a hero, or if he actually cared. Anzu wished she knew. "I wan't a play by play. How'd it happen?" He asked, applying a compress to the burn. She forcibly hid her wince.

"I was sitting on the deck outside. I heard foot prints and when I went to look, he grabbed me. I used a basic maneuver to get out of his hold. He then used his quirk that was an odd looking, blue fire to do this." She said, gesturing to her hand. "I didn't want to end up like last time... so I-" She wanted to hesitate but fought it off ". . . Used my quirk. The second he collapsed I went for Bakugou's help because I knew I couldn't hold it for long. The second I came back I could see the remnants of Kurogiri's portal." She finished, clenching her other fist. He didn't look up at her. Just worked quietly. This terrified her. She prepared over and over again in her mind. He certainly wouldn't be happy now.