Ketsurui

Bakugou and Aizawa raced through the hallway, thunder echoing throughout the building and melding with their footsteps. The exit was just up ahead on the left. Luckily Aizawa had already cleared a path, and they came across no villains on the way out. They were all either outside looking, inside helping the injured... or not breathing. Bakugou carried Anzu out bridal style, still clinging to a tendon of hope that was on the verge of snapping.

Aizawa jumped into the driver's seat, starting the ignition immediately, and punching the gas. Bakugou's adrenaline seemed to be in perfect harmony with the suspenseful rain, keeping him alert and his heart beating. He jumped into the car just in time, slamming the door right before it hit a tree on a hard left turn. Aizawa reached over to the passenger's seat and threw something at him. He caught it with one hand, shocked at how soft it felt.

"Use it to dry off. It's going to get cold soon, so do everything you can to keep her body heat up." Aizawa took another turn, breaking away from the distant forest, his car light's cutting through the thickness of the rain soaked night.

"What do you mean it's going to get cold soon? It's the middle of the night, how much colder can it get?" Bakugou said, using the blanket to wipe the blood and rain droplets from her face. He sunk his hands, covered in dried blood into the blanket, feeling a bit guilty for staining the soft cotton with something so dirty.

"We're going far away from here. Back to the mountains." He said, bracing for Bakugou's outburst.

"We're what!? Hell no! Are you crazy!? We need to go to a hospital!" He said, fighting the urge to jump from his seat. Aizawa sighed, his hair flaring up a bit and forcing down the redness that seemed to want to creep into his eyes.

"Will you just shut up and just listen for once!? If we go to a hospital now she's going to be locked up for the rest of her life! Do you really want that for her!? We need to go somewhere until the situation is resolved. I have enough medical training to get by." He finished, clearing his throat and continuing to drive.

"But why the mountains?" He pushed, loosing his own thoughts in staring out the window, still fuming but swallowing it.

"No one will think to look for us. I'll explain on the ride there. For now... just focus on her." He said, staring at them in the rear-view mirror.

"1-A Will be worried. Hell... My parents... They'll think I'm dead." He had a tint of smile to his voice, ironic and rueful as it was.

"If you want I can drop you off at home. I'll take Anzu up by myself. She's my responsibility any-"

"NO! Just.... shut up and drive old man." He said, breaking eye contact with him in the mirror. He pulled Anzu into him, wrapping the blanket around her to the best of his ability, warming up his hands just enough so that they wouldn't burn, but they would keep her warm. We twisted a lock of her hair between his thumb and finger. Stared at her, utterly conflicted. He thought it would be over. How many times was his hope going to be ripped from him with such force? A lump rose in his throat, but he couldn't get upset now. Not with Aizawa so close.

"I'm going to stop at a store to get some medical supplies and food. Is there anything you need?" Aizawa turned into the closest gas station, shutting off the ignition and lights. Looking in the back seat to find Bakugou's attention elsewhere.

"Yeah. Pick up some clothes for the both of us. Our suits can't be fixed." He trailed off, and Aizawa decided not to ask any further. Bakugou felt the lurch in his stomach when the car door shut. And he was alone again. But not alone like last time, not alone with her. Just alone, like always. He let go of the lock of hair he had been twirling and rubbed a spec of dirt from her cheek. He took in a deep breath, stretching his arms and back, relieving the soreness and tension that had been there for so long. Twenty minutes ago everything was so loud it hurt. Now all he could hear was silence, leaking through the cracks in the car door. His breathing a nuisance in the peaceful fog that had settled over the area. The mountains huh? My mother's gonna kick my ass when I get back. Old hag deserves it for worrying so much. Doesn't matter though. I hate to make her upset. Bakugou looked downwards, feeling the peace around him, and finally giving in. She'll understand. I can't leave Anzu now... not after I made this naive little shit my own responsibility. Bakugou rested his hands on her wrist again. Her pulse was... Slow, but there. He honestly had plenty of doubts that Aizawa knew what to do. How does one treat a stab wound without extreme medical procedures? Bakugou got lost in his own thoughts, staring at his wounded ally that was... somehow no longer just an ally.