part twelve

Based off the book called You Have Seven Messages

Camila's POV

I knew my wife was having an affair but with who? Who was with her the night she died?

I try and look for clues but nothing I seek for leads me to the person she was with the night she died. Surely someone had to be there when she got hit. I see a black cord sticking out from her dresser and see that her phone was still here. Tears flooded my eyes.

I opened it seeing You have seven never messages. To listen to your messages, press one' I quickly pressed it. I can hardly understand the thick Asian accent but as the call ends she says the word pickup, So I figure it's Dinah's dry-cleaning place.

I check another message pressing one again, It's a man's deep voice with some sort of accent, Australian maybe. He calls her "love" and tells her she must "pop over". He leaves an address in a place called Green-point, in Brooklyn.

I pressed one again listening to the third one, It's from me. "I...I... Just call me, will you" Suddenly I feel like this is all wrong. Maybe I shouldn't be listening to these messages.

I pressed one once again for the fourth one "Hi this is Angela, calling from Butter restaurant. I believe someone in your party left a personal item; please come by any time after four p.m. Tuesday through Sunday to retrieve it" 

I gulped, Who was with her?, I pressed one again for the fifth message. There's a male voice toward the end. He's mumbling and shaking a glass of ice. Then another voice is amplified by a microphone, greeting the crowd, some applause. It sounds like he says, "Welcome to the Laugh House" I Google Laugh House and nothing in Manhattan comes up. I listen to the message again and try Laugh Lounge instead. It shows up on the Lower East Side.

I listened to the sixth one "Hi it's me. I got your email and wanted to talk in person. Heavy stuff. Call me."

Heavy stuff? What heavy stuff? I groan, Why did she have to leave me? I began to cry all over again. 

I listen to the last message and it's me again slurring my words and begging, "I can see you, why are you lying to me I'm right here---" In the background, I hear cars and what seems like screeching breaks. Then I get cut off. 

I think I just heard my wife die. 

-

A/N THIS IS THE ONE SHOT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO WRITE SINCE FOREVER HAHA! WELL YEAH DINAH DIED AGAIN AND NOW I HATE MYSELF FOR KILLING HER OFF.

I KNOW THIS ISN'T G!P BUT WHO CARES? YOU STILL LOVE ME! :D HOW MANY OF YOU WANT ONE AND I MEAN JUST ONE CAMREN ONE SHOT?