Chapter 32 - My Biggest Mistake

*TAEHYUNG'S POV ON*

We were walking to my work at a fast pace, but Jungkook never left my hand. There were some times that I tripped on my feet and almost hit my face on the ground, but Jungkook held me tight and never let me hurt myself. I took some glances at his nape, because he was walking in front of me holding my hand, I couldn't help myself not to smile at him. All the memories we made back in Hawaii. The times I was really happy and Jungkook was the one who made me the happiest person. Don't get me wrong. I always had the love of my parents. My mom and my dad were always there even though they worked all the time. I didn't get to see my father everyday, but I always knew he loved me. When everybody at school found out I was gay and the school's president called them there to talk about me. My dad yelled at him for insinuating things that I would do being in the same classes as hetero kids just because I'm gay. My parents shouted at whoever whispered or said bad things about me. Jin hyung was my guardian angel that time. I refused to go to school when everybody found out about my secret. I wasn't even sure about being gay, but I guess confessing my feelings to Sang Cheol was my biggest mistake.
He was the new boy at school who came from rich parents. But I didn't care about his parents money. When I saw his bright smile and the way everything glowed when he passed through, it made me fall for him. The day he helped me stand up when a bully threw me to the ground in physical class. He gave me the most sincere smile and since then we talked to each other everyday. He was so touchy with me, always kissing my cheeks and hugging me and ruffling my hair. He defended me from the bullies but you know what? He was my biggest bully all that time. When he showed his true colours at eleven grade. It all made sense. All the things he did was for me to fall deeper for him and then crash me like a bug.
Since the day he beat me up with his friends who were my bullies already. It never stopped! Even though my hyung was with me all the time, they always found a way to beat me up and even...
The first time he beat me up, I found an angel. I found my new hyung, Yoongi or Yoongs, the way I call him. He saw what the bullies did to me and since then we became inseparable. I had two guardian angels, Jinnie and Yoongs. They protected me but they couldn't do that all the time. Sang Cheol and his friends bullied me until twelve grade when the bullying escalated to a whole new level.

-Flashback ON-

I was getting out of my shift at Starbucks. It was pitch dark outside because it was already 11 pm and I felt scared. I never liked walking around the streets so late at night. I'm glad it's only a ten minute walk until I'm home. I walk down the street writing a message to my mom telling her I was almost home but something seemed off. I felt someone following me and I turned around but it was empty, there's no one passing by. I kept walking but this time faster. My body started shivering and I put my phone back at my pocket and hugged myself.
What happened next was so fast, when I looked around I was on a dark room with 5 or 6 boys in front of me. Everything happened so fast and I couldn't focus on anything. My mind was filled with so many thoughts. Am I gonna die? Will they kill me this time? Help!! Help!! Someone help me!! My mind kept screaming those words but I couldn't shout them out loud. My mouth was covered with something and I felt dizzy, really dizzy. I couldn't stand up or even move my finger. I was defenseless...
They keep talking and yelling at me but I don't understand a word they're saying. Then everything was quiet until Sang Cheol did the honors and started beating me with a baseball bat. He kept hitting my arms, legs and torso with it. I couldn't move even to protect myself. I couldn't scream for help. I just stood there taking every hit like it didn't hurt me. They laughed and some spit on me. Then Sang Cheol passed the bat to another one and the other boys started beating me like if I was a doll, a mere toy that was given to the kids to play until they didn't like it anymore and throw it away.
I lost consciousness and the next thing I know is that when I woke up I was in a bed at the hospital. I squinted my eyes open but the light hitting my eyes was blinding me, so I closed them. I growled in pain and whimpered when a hand rested in mine.