Dhikr

*Đhikr is such a gift, but sadly I think it’s underrated....*

If we thought about how truly beneficial it is for the mind, the body, and the heart, we’d likely do a *LOT* more of it than we do.

Think about your stream of consciousness on any given day.
It’s likely that you’re either bombarded with negative thoughts or desperately trying to distract yourself from them, and whatever positive thoughts you have are probably so few and far between that their effect is hardly felt.

*YOU MAY TURN TO MUSIC, TV, BROWSING THE INTERNET, SOCIAL MEDIA, ONLINE SHOPPING, READING A BOOK, EXERCISING, COOKING, EATING, TALKING TO A FRIEND OR LOVED ONE, OR SOME OTHER TEMPORARY DISTRACTION* to preoccupy your mind from daily stressors,
but there are no guarantees that they won't lead to even more negativity.

_So what are we supposed to do?_
How can we effectively *STOP*
our minds from thinking about things that bring us down?

*Đhikr*
*REMEMBRANCE*

When we focus our minds on a single word or expression that connects us to *ﷲ͜عَزَّوَجَــــل* we are instantly anchored to Him.
With every repetition we add a new link, with every link we build a chain.

What does the chain allow us to do? It allows us to float without worry or care, to mentally suspend ourselves by shutting out all the white noise in our life and surrendering to the silence and peace found only with the Divine.

When we say *“Alhamdulillah”* we float in gratitude

When we say *“SubhanAllah”* we float in glory

When we say *“Allahu Akbar”* we float in abundance

When we say *“Astaghferullah”* we float in forgiveness

When we say *“La illaha ill Allah”* we float in unity

And when we say the Salawat on our *Beloved ﷺ* we don’t just float in peace, but we bask in the light and warmth of His love.

For is there any other reason to say the Salawat than to relieve our minds from the burdens of this world and fill our hearts with *LÔVĒ. ..?*

*Who among us doesn’t need more love to fill our hearts...?*
And who better to love and feel love from than the Beloved *Ŕāsűlűllâh ﷺ* who is more concerned about us than we are for ourselves?! 

Indeed, Đhikr is a great gift, a remedy for the heart, body, and mind. It’s the only true escape we have, the only *“HIGH ”* we need to get away from this "low" place.

May we be people of Đhikr.
*❥«̶ آمـــــين يَارَبَّ الْعَــــالَمِينْ«̶ ❥*

_"…Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest."_ *(13:28)*

_"O ye who believe, remember Allah much. And glorify Him morning and evening.."_ *(33:42-43)*

"The similitude of one who remembers his Lord and one who does not remember Him, is like that of the living and the dead.''
*[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]*