The Eagle

🍀بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم🍀
ﷺ ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ

STORY
The Eagle

There was once a wounded baby eagle who was rescued by a kindly farmer. He took the eaglet home with him, tended to his wounds & then placed him outside in the barnyard to recover.

The young eaglet soon adapted to the habits of the barnyard chickens. He learned to walk & cluck like them. He learned to drink from a trough & peck the dirt for food, & for many years he peacefully resigned himself to this new life on the ground.

But then one day, one of the farmer’s friends spotted the eagle & asked, “Why in the world is that bird acting like a chicken?” The farmer told him what had happened, yet the man could hardly accept the situation.

“It’s just not right,” said the friend. “The Creator, اَللّهُ the Almighty made that bird to soar in the heavens, not scavenge in the barnyard!” So he picked up the unsuspecting eagle, climbed onto a nearby fencepost, & tossed him into the air. But the confused bird just fell back to earth &
scurried off in search of his feathered friends.

Undaunted, the man then grabbed the eagle & climbed to the top of the barn. As he heaved him off the roof, the bird made a few halfhearted squawks & flaps before falling into a bale of hay. After shaking his head a few times, the eagle then made himself comfortable & began mindlessly pecking at pieces of straw.

The friend went home that night dejected, & could barely sleep as he remembered the sight of those powerful talons caked with barnyard mud. The very next day, he headed back to the farm for another try. This time he carried the eagle to the top of a nearby mountain where the sky unfolded in a limitless horizon.

He looked into the eagle’s eyes & cried out, “Don’t you understand? You weren’t made to live like a chicken! Why would u want to stay down here when you were born for the sky?” As the man held the confused bird aloft, he made sure the eagle was facing into the brilliant light of the setting sun. Then he powerfully heaved the bird into the sky, & this time the eagle opened his wings, looked at the sun, caught the updraft rising from the valley, & disappeared into the clouds above.

Do you remember that we too, have been given life to achieve a greater purpose & destination? We are also meant to soar, like an eagle above the clouds. This is why the eagle is such a perfect example of this freedom. An eagle is the only bird that has a special third-eye-lens that enables him to look at & fly directly towards the sun & thus, frees him from his enemies as they try to follow. No other bird has this ability. Aиϑ, it’s the same with us. Only as we keep our eyes focused on Allah the most High & on our higher purpose , can we ever soar & become free–free from our emotions, free from our circumstances, free from other people’s responses & free from shaytaan’s attacks.
Never mind the weariness, illness, lack of feeling, irritability, exhaustion, snares of shaytaan, jealousy & the pressure of society wanting us to behave a certain way, we will be able to leave it all behind & go onward & upward towards the pathway to Greatness in sha اَللّهُ.
🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹