Sleep?

🍀بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم🍀
ﷺ ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ
 A Revert story

THE MAN WHO EMBRACED ISLAM SO THAT HE COULD SLEEP!

There is a story of a British man who embraced Islam for one of the strangest reasons you will ever hear. This story was told by one of the Mashaaikh of Egypt.

He said,
"Oh Sheikh, I embraced Islam so that I can sleep."
The Sheikh said to him,
"Brother, come on. We have enough people sleeping in our Ummah, you want to be another sleeper as well?" The Sheikh & the man laughed & joked together till the Sheikh asked the man to tell him about his story.

He said, 'Oh sheikh, I was a man who used to struggle
so much at night to get an hour or two of sleep. It would take all sorts to put me to sleep. Heroin, injections, my room would be air conditioned. I owned the most expensive beds but I couldn't put myself to sleep."

"One day," he continued, "I was sitting on my balcony looking over into Hyde Park & I saw one particular individual walking in the park & when he got a little bit tired he went under a tree, put his head down & fell asleep. Instantly!" The man said he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Here he was, injecting himself to sleep & still having difficulty. The man left his flat, went to the park & woke the sleeping man up.

"What happened?" The man woke up said.
"Who are you?"
"I am a Muslim."
"What does it mean to be a Muslim?"

The man began to explain to him the pillars of Islam in a very simple way.
"Do all Muslims sleep like this," he asked.
The man from the park began to explain to him & elaborate who Allah & the Messenger (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) & the Quraan are. He then said, "I want to embrace Islam so that I can sleep like you."

Allahu Akbar. The man takes him by the hand to the local Islamic centre where he recites his Shahadah, embraces Islam, makes his ghusl & learns the basics. Then the night drew in. They said to him to sleep on his right. He turned to his right. They said to him, "Now say the adhkaar." The remembrances which Raulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) taught us to say before we sleep. He began to say these adhkaar & they found him snoring instantly. He slept. 

Didn't we say that one of the definitions of Imaan was peace & security? Allahu Akbar, he slept & then the time for Fajr came. They woke him up & he said, "No, no leave me alone." He could not believe he was sleeping. 

These are values that you & I take for granted. You sleep knowing your purpose of existence. You sleep knowing that you are under the protection of Allah. You sleep knowing where you are going to go after you pass away, one of two homes. How many people struggle with these? These values of happiness & serenity & peace of mind can only be attained through the avenue of Imaan.

Alhamdulilah we thank اللَّهُ Subhana wa Ta'ala for blessing us with Islam- the perfect way of life.
🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹