Corona Virus

*Kareema and the Corona*

Ask our children:
1. Where do sicknesses come from?
2. Who cures us when we are sick?
3. What should we do when we are sick?

Now tell them the story:

One day, Kareema was sitting in class when her teacher called out, “Listen up everyone! I have an announcement to make!” The entire class became quiet and all the girls listened very carefully to what the teacher was going to say.
The teacher said, “As many of you may have heard, there is a new sickness named the ‘Coronavirus’. This sickness is spreading through the whole world and thousands of people are becoming sick. We don’t want all of you falling ill, so school will be closed from tomorrow.”

That afternoon, when Kareema went to madrasah, everyone was only talking about the Coronavirus. Even little Suhail, who was just five years old, had something to say, “I’m not gonna go near any Toyotas!” Moulana heard this and asked him, “Why not?” Suhail thought for a moment and then replied, “I think people get the virus from Toyota cars – that’s why it’s called the ‘Corolla virus’.” The rest of the class had a good laugh.
After explaining to the class that they should not be laughing at a serious issue such as this, Moulana turned to Suhail and said, “No Suhail! It’s not a Corolla virus, it’s a Coronavirus! It has nothing to do with cars!” Just then, Faatimah raised her hand and asked, “Moulana! I’m scared of this sickness! I don’t want to die! What can I do? I don’t want anyone to sneeze near me and make me sick!”
When Moulana heard this, he called the children around his desk and said, “Ok! Let me explain to you about sicknesses.”

Moulana then explained: “Allah Ta‘ala is the Creator of everything. Just as Allah Ta‘ala created all the animals and plants, He also created sickness and good health. Since Allah Ta‘ala is in control of everything, nothing in the world can happen without the permission of Allah Ta‘ala. Let me give you an example. Fire is very, very hot. If you put anything into fire, it will get burnt.”

Hearing this, Kareema remarked, “That’s why we never have braais at my house – because my father is always burning the meat!”

Moulana laughed and then continued: “But, when Nabi Ebrahim (‘alaihis salaam) was thrown into the fire, it did not burn him – because Allah Ta‘ala did not allow it to burn him. So, in the same way, there are many germs and viruses that are so small that you cannot even see them. These germs and viruses often make people sick. BUT – they can only make you sick if Allah Ta‘ala allows it.”
Nabeel asked, “Moulana, what should we do? Some people say that we should eat onions everyday!” Moulana answered, “You can do that if you want, but there is something much more important that we need to do. You see, when sicknesses spread, like the Coronavirus, it is often the punishment of Allah Ta‘ala. When the Muslims sin too much and make Allah Ta‘ala angry, then Allah Ta‘ala sometimes sends punishments to make them become good, pious people again. That is why we must make du‘aa to Allah Ta‘ala to save us from all sicknesses, beg Him to forgive us for our sins and promise him that we will be good people.”
Kareema asked again, “Moulana, is it true that if we take all the precautions, we won’t get sick?” Moulana said, “Kareema! It is important to take precautions, but we must never forget that Allah Ta‘ala has already decided what will happen to every person. This is what we call ‘taqdeer’. Nobody can escape or run away from taqdeer. If Allah Ta‘ala has decided that you will get the Coronavirus, then even if you hide on the moon, you will still get sick! This is because Allah Ta‘ala is in control of everything.”

Finally, Moulana said, “Everyday, I want you to sit with your family at home. Read Surah Yaaseen together and recite the following:
100 x Durood
100 x “Nastaghfirullah”
100 x “Subhaanallah”
100 x “Hasbunallahu wa ni’mal Wakeel”

After reading this, make du‘aa together, and ask Allah Ta‘ala to keep you safe. This is the most important thing to do at this time.”

When Kareema left madrasah that day, she understood that everything is in the control of Allah Ta‘ala. She and her family needed to turn to Him in du‘aa and istighfaar. That is the main solution to the Coronavirus.

Lessons:

1. Allah Ta‘ala is the Creator of everything. Only He can save us from sickness.
2. If we make Allah Ta‘ala happy, He will not punish us.

*********

May Allah ta'ala protect us all from this disease

May Allah ta'ala grant shifa to all those infected by it...

May Allah ta'ala keep us all safe

Aameen ❤️

Remember the whole ummah in your duas

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh