Muazzin

: The Man Who Comes Before The Muezzin

One of my friends is an Imam of a masjid and he told me this story of a man. He would always be in the masjid before Adhan even though he is not the Muezzin (The one who procliams the call for prayer)!

But the reason was astonishing!
He said: the Adhan is a reminder for the unaware of the prayer time and I do not want Allah to find me at the time of Salah among the غافلين unaware of their prayer time and need a reminder!

I love for Allah to see me always there when he is calling me, and not waiting for response!! I am not sure how to express my feelings and thoughts about this one because it is a tough one!

☆ How many times Allah called upon me but there were no respond! I was sleeping, playing games, in the restaurant, watching, studying, in the mall, in a party, cheering for my team, or simply it never crossed my mind and conscious. His respond put me in shame and motivated me to be more aware of my prayer time not to be in time but on time in the beginning of time.

❝The best of deeds is to offer your prayer in the beginning of it's time.❞
- Prophet Muhammad صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ
[Al Bukhari and Sahih Muslim]

This man is not from the Salaf who lived a thousand years ago, he lives among us today. Even if you were not amongst the Salaf you can be like them.

☆ This man made me realize how important it is to be conscious of our Lord, what He wants from us , what He loves to see us doing and saying at any given moment.

☆ Often we are caught on what is wajib (must) and what is recommended, but this man reminded me of the good old days when you do what pleases God regardless of the level of the command.

These are some of my thoughts and I would love to hear yours. How is your salaah? Do you read it on its prescribed time or do you make wudu and wait eagerly for it? How is your connection with Allah. Are you rushing to complete everything Allah says or are you think doing fard is enough and sunnah can be ignored?