38

- Jungkook

"So..."
      Her parents are here, inside the house what supposedly called OUR house.

"This is where you live, my daughter?"
       It was her mother talking, eyes are scanning the whole place together with her husband.

They are slowly taking steps, roaming around a little bit while asking some questions. They sound so formal, just like my own parents, they all sound the same.

"Yes, this is the house that we both had before..."
       Chaeyoung answered with a deep tone of voice.

Nervousness is not heard but is lacing on her expression. I know her very well, she's intimidated with her parents.

Her mother sighed and her father faced us, particularly looking at me. His stare is scary, like he wanted me to go out and walk away.

"You're from Jeon family, right?"
       This time, it's her father who spoke.

"Yes, Sir."
       I answered with politeness and formality.

"I've never met you, how long have you been with our daughter?"
       Haven't mentioned, but it is true, I've never met her parents before.

I know them due to popularity, business, and also through Chaeyoung's descriptions and narration about them. She'll always say something about them, she'll tell me things that are happening within their house that she can't call home and about her parents who she doesn't know whether to call Mom and Dad or just parents.

I parted my lips to answer...
But Chaeyoung did first.

"That's because I'm afraid you'll kick the both of us too just like how his parents did."
      This time, I heard her bravery through her voice and answer.

Her mother's eyes squinted as she examined her daughter, not really liking the sudden change of behavior her daughter just showed.

"His parents, they've been sending us away for so long. I want to introduce him to you once we're done dealing with them but here, you came and asked us questions."
       Her tone is serious and sarcastic, and even I, were afraid of her sudden change of aura.

She barely muster this kind of attitude, she barely wear this kind of expression. This is one of those few times that I'll get to see her showing nothing and just being blank, and this kind of her is the first stage of her getting livid.

"So you're saying that we shouldn't come to check our daughter who had been reported to be having some conflict with Chou's daughter?"
      I saw how Chaeyoung's brows furrowed, and how her mother snapped on her.

"Reported?"
      She questioned...

"I'm not working on our own hospital to avoid things like this, being reported or be an outcast, why am I..."
       She cut herself as her mother turned her body to other direction.

"You're our daughter, we're sending someone to look after you for the past several days already. You're not contacting us for several months, none of us know how well you are doing to a hospital that's not ours."
      Her father responded while walking to reach her mother's side.

"I didn't know you're concern of me."
       That was a sarcastic answer from Chaeyoung.

"Of course, we are, you're our daughter."
       Her mother answered.