56

- Alice's

           Words from himgot  stuck within me, and it has been an hour, but I stayed where he left me. Sitting on the bench, watching every person walk by and patients finish their therapies.

A sigh went through me, my eyes looked at the leaves swaying as the wind blows them continuously.

"Because of me, huh?"

Chaeyoung, my sister, I never...

Right, I have never seen her smile while being with us...

Or have she really been with us? It's a rare meal to have her sit in her supposedly seat every meal we have, it' usually just me, father and mother. I never wondered why she never goes with us, thinking of it now... makes me feel regret. 

I... should have at least invited her.

Tears began forming, but I have to keep myself so I decided to walk back in the hospital. I walked back to her room and to my surprise, my body froze as soon as I opened the door. The sight of each machine and equipment stopped me, and gripped in my heart that it even skipped a beat for a moment. I can't even blink... when my eyes landed on her.

"When was the last time we talked?"

"When was the last time we bonded?"

"When was the last time I acted as an older sister towards you?"

"When was the last time... I saw you happy?"

I'm usually busy, despite being a doctor occupies so much time, I still have enough time to go home to our house. I would take meals with our parents and sleep at least 7 hours before entering the next day. I have a lot of time to spend with them, with her, but for how many years, I never had been so close to her, not even physically, literally.

I, slowly, enter the room. My eyes haven't left her yet. And I as I had a closer look on her...