51

- Chanyeol

"Congratulations on passing the board exams."
       Every visitors are greeting her for passing her exams, for finally being a registered surgeon after years of studying.

And we, we're just watching her shaking hands with people while their parents are beside her, thanking each person for congratulating their first daughter, her eonnie, Alice.

"One day, I'll get to stand on the same position. People will congratulate me too. I better study hard, I'll be one of the best doctors."
       Jennie mouthed before taking a mouthful salad.

No one responded and the five of us just watched Chaeyoung's sister in front. Their parents looks so satisfied.

"They look so proud."
       I mumbled, audible for the four ladies to hear me.

"I bet they'll throw you a party too, once we've claimed being registered doctors as well."
       I, with a smile, concluded which I didn't know, would prick her heart.

Her eyes looked at mine soullesly, the painted smile on her face gave me shivers from my head down to my spine. Her aura is colder than the rainy weather.

"They probably won't."
      She answered low toned.

Our eyes turned to her: me, Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa.

"They'll only throw a party for me if I reached the same level as my highly respected eonnie, or if I'll be able to reach higher but that's impossible..."
      She looked at her sister with full of envy...

"Because I never had even reached the half of her standards, not even once. She's the perfect daughter and I couldn't argue otherwise because... it's evident and already seen by everyone, even our parents - even myself."
      Her head bowed down as she looked at her unbothered glass of water.

Silence filled our table while everyone else are busy with their business within the party. I wasn't able to place that concern inside me as somethingmajor till...

Till I saw her backing out on doing something we knew she's good at. Till we witnessed what she meant that night, that she had never reached even the half of her sister's achievements.

"Everyone's speculation is that we could at least be the same. Even my parents are giving me the same expectations as what they have given to her."

"I can't blame them anyway, we're siblings so it's natural... for people to think that we're the same. It's what almost everyone are thinking, it's already tattooed on human's mentality, that siblings should at least be on the same level."
       She took a small bite on her sandwich and took time to chew it, like she's just eating because she needs to but not because she really wants to.

"Oh, you're here?"
       Her parents came.

We're currently inside their dinning area, eating a night snack after reviewing our major courses as exams are getting nearer day by day.