48

Time Setting:    After few hours of the previous chapter.

💎💎💎

- Jungkook

Looking at her, I now can feel the emotions being fed to the relatives of the patients. It feels... lifeless, especially when the patient is showing no signs of soon recovery.

I usually am just a doctor, a person who wants to help and see people smiling after me stating that 'you'll be fine soon', I can't believe I'll stand in the position where I want to here the same thing, 'she'll be fine soon'.

"Wake up..."
      Was the only thing I've been whispering since the night she was sent in this room.

She's already in a stable state but still, Chanyeol isn't so sure of the possible events after this. No one can even declare when she will open her eyes. And the more days would go by without her presence filling my happiness...

The more I would think of things to do.

The questions had been eating my mind ever since it was asked by my mother.

"Be on my side, then things won't be hard for anyone. Won't it be easier for you? For her, for your so-called woman?"

I was just remembering my mother's words when a person came in after a set of knocks.

"Doctor Jeon."
      It is one of her friends, Lisa.

I looked up and gave her a look, I can't even speak.

"May I invite you to the cafeteria?"
        She asked with a heavy, cold tone and an expressionless face.

I nodded a little before standing up from where I was sitting, gave Chaeyoung a look and followed her friend to the cafeteria that was on the other side of the building.

There are few people eating, some are patients that doesn't seem to be seriously injured, some are staffs and some are relatives, probably. But what my eyes notices the most was the table where we are heading, where four more people are sitting with nothing on the table but a few bottle of water.

That made my throat dried up, with the looks on their eyes, I could tell that we came not for any better news from what we already have about Chaeyoung.

"Take a seat."
       Jisoo, the oldest, pointed the vacant seat in front of her before leaning her back at the support of her own chair.

Awkward yet frightening silence then embraced the five of us: me, Lisa who sat beside me, Jennie who's beside Jisoo and Chanyeol who's between me and Jisoo.

"What... are we going to talk about?"
        With a calm voice, I asked, taking each one of them glances.

"We want this straight..."
       Jennie began...

"What are you planning to do now?"
        That was the first set of words that came out of her but I already felt like I have nothing to answer.

"Chaeyoung had been in danger already, is still in danger actually because of this drama like events o  your relationship..."
       She leaned forward, rested her elbows at the table and looked straight at me.

"I am not really against with the two of you being together, I actually find your relationship as one of the strongest bond of strings but things happened, and it was all still fine before until now, Jungkook. Now, what are you planning?"
       She then crossed her arms and heaved a sigh.

"I... have no certain plan about..."
       I can't even continue and my hands just began to fidget on its own with my head bowed down.

I have no face to show, I know what happened was somehow my fault. After having my memory back, I rushed things and just took actions that was never planned which resulted to this and that...

"What if by trying to write down your own story on fate's book, you actually wrote a line on that part where things should be fine already?"
       Was the point of Chanyeol's sudden quote.

"I wasn't also against with your relationship with Chaeyoung, I also found it something undeniably 'the definition of real love', I'm speaking not just as her best friend but also a man who loves her at the most."
      His eyes are directed on the table but I can feel the hatred emitting from his body.

"I didn't try pursuing her even before the two of you met, why? Because I'm afraid to draw a line on that something that was originally good already, our friendship. Because there's this what if question, 'what if I did that, and our friendship broke, then my action just did something to send us apart'."
      His head tilted and eyes are now darted on me.

"I mean... you can't just do something you just felt like doing. Trying isn't something you should just do because you want, or to say that at least you tried. Trying isn't planned. You see, it is called try for a reason, for you to prove something after. If you won, then good. But if you failed, you'll just say, 'at least I tried'. Trying isn't always... rightful."
       I could see how he's preventing himself from hurting me, his fist are clenched.

"Inside the operating room, you can't just say, 'let's try saving the patient' because it might result to something worse than the injury that the patient has already. Once you're under a surgical mission, you should be sure of what's your going to do, plan it or know every sides of the situation so you know the best option to save the patient. Same goes with this current situation you have..."
      His voice toned lower yet deeper and more raspy...

"You should've planned things before taking an action. You had your memory back that day and you should've learnt from your past that rushing things won't resolve anything, that trying will never be enough. Plans are made to pursue a goal even if it's the hardest to achieve, that's why it's a plan not a try or guess. This is not a trial and error problem solving, Jeon Jungkook. You're holding your future and a life, be a mature man if you really meant saying you love Chaeyoung because if you can't stand as a firm man like how we always have to hear from her, then you better sign out and be on your parents' side."
      He stood up, and I could feel each pair of eyes looking at me with disappointment.

With his words, I could tell, I could finally tell... that I was really wrong for what I've done. I can't deny it anymore, I can't even convince myself that the whole thing will be fixed at the soonest. And I can't blame anyone anymore because...

"It's not wrong to pursue someone you love, even if the world is against you, it'll never be wrong. It's just wrong... if you took the wrong move."

💎💎💎

A:    Thanks for welcoming me back. Let me know your thoughts, feelings and ideas on the comment section. Also, don't reflect too much on this story okay?

"Trying will never be wrong...
But a planned move will always be better."

Have a good day/night, from your grateful author, Diamond Fate.