45

- Chanyeol

The nurses helped me change. I wore glove, surgical clothings and  after, ran to the operating room. All of them are wearing clean uniforms as well, few are preparing the tool and few are observing the patient that just came in not more than ten minutes ago.

I entered the operating room and as soon as her image became visible to my senses, my body shivered, my temperature rapidly went down, my lips parted a little as I sigh behind the mask I'm wearing. My hands weakened and so does my knees. My lungs had a hard time toprocess the oxygen I inhaled, my heart skipped a beat, my eyes glued on the woman  lying on the bed, waiting for her to be saved...

I am one of the trusted doctors, just like her...

One of those highly respected and mostly recommended surgeons, but seeing her as my patient gave me a different vibe. This must be the most terrifying mission I have to deal with. My nerves are shaking and my senses are not properly working as I only could think of her being in danger.

I'm so worried that it already affects me, then add the fright that I'm currently taking in from thinking of saving her. I'm the one they assigned, I was out of the work already but I have to get in again and save her. I also volunteered, not because I can't trust the others but what more can I do, saying that I'm one of the best, I should be responsible for these kinds of situations as well.

"Doc, her heart rate is going down."

       I was only brought back to my sense when the nurse informed me.

I quickly moved forward and went beside her, looked at the monitor before looking at her whole body that is covered n bruises, scratches, wounds and blood. I could see her head has a light wound from hitting but I don't think it's the problem...

There's a cut at the crook of her neck, probably from the shattered pieces of the windshield.

"Does she has any major wounds? More than this one on her head?"

       I asked with my voice a little shaky  and the nurses nodded...

"There's a piece of glass struck on her shoulder, near the..."

       My ears automatically blocked the next audible sounds a I remembered...

"But her head is also bleeding."

        I complained, we're almost fighting n the middle of one of our missions.

"I know, Chan. I'm not blind. It's important but she's loosing more blood because of this deep cut near he neck, we have to stitch it first before the head? Why? Because what if her main artery has been cut? What's the sense of stitching head if she had lost a large amount of blood already by us not stitching this first?"