43

- Jungkook

I keep on calling her through her phone, but she isn't answering. It's ringing, it's reachable yet she's ignoring it. The fact that she just saw a wedding invitation of me and Tzuyu's wedding, it is predictable for her to take herself away from everyone, including me.

"Hey! Where are you going!?"
         It was Jennie, one of her eonnies, asked as I turned my body and rushed to go somewhere.

"Tzuyu. I don't know any of this, I have no knowledge about any wedding and the only person who can make such of an overwhelming act is her."
        I concluded it already, of course, who would ever do it? It's just her who wants us apart...

"Or no, there's one mo-..."

Even my thought stopped for that moment I realized that it wasn't just her. And right at that same moment, a voice from the right side spoke...

"It's so easy for us to accuse someone, typical."
        All eyes on her, she smiled, sarcastically, shy did while holding one of the envelopes.

She took a glance on it, read it a little and chuckled. Then she looked at me and walked slowly towards my position. Her eyes are showing animosity, antagonism lacing all over her aura.

The whole hospital just turned quiet for a moment, it wasn't normal to happen. Hospitals never get quiet, even in a single second. You'll hear beeps, rolling wheels of hospital bed or whatsoever but with the moment our eyes locked, the moment she breathed out, for a bit, the whole hospital turned silent.

"Is it really only me who doesn't want you to be apart from that woman?"
      She questioned, her face is just inches away from mine. Her eyes are looking up at me, directly sending grudges.

"Is it my mother?"
       I asked.

And she didn't gave any response, instead, she pulled herself away, shrugged her shoulders and shaped out another smile that seems to be very bitter.

"Our life is getting harder and harder..."
        My brows furrowed upon hearing the unfinished sentence...

"But every hardship will always be worth it once you've won the price you're doing your best to achieve."
         She ended it there. I honestly don't know how to answer it, and hearing those words made me stiff a little which gave her time to compose herself.

She sighed...
Fixed her coat and chuckled...

"Think. Which will be the best for you? For her? If you'll continue fighting, will it be worth it? If you surrender, will it be better... for her?"
        Before walking away from all of us, she took steps to go beside me, just to ask me those questions with her voice down and cold.

"I don't know for myself till when I can fight... but your mother? She hold grudges over Chaeyoung's parents, do you think she'll give up? If not, do you think things will get better, not for you... but for her, your woman?"
       Her shoulder brushed on my upper arm as she left me those words and took her steps away from everyone.

It took me for awhile to process everything... and as soon as I had my mind worked again, I rushed to go outside. Following no one, responding to no one, I entered my car, turned the engine on a d immediately stepped on the gas.

One talk, just one talk with her...
I need to give her my word, a pledge.
She had raised me very well, I am thankful...
But it breaks me that the person who turned me to be a man hates the only woman I want to be until the end.