50

A:    If I'll make a non-fanfiction story, will you still support me with that book? Just a quick question.

💎💎💎

- Chanyeol

"Chaeyoung-ah, wake up! Wake up!"

"Hey! Open your eyes, please."

"Open your eyes! Please!"

"Sir, it has been a minute."
       The nurse said, tapping me at the back a few times.

I was too focused on that huge sign of recovery that I even failed to notice until now that I'm breathing heavily like I just did a marathon run.

Her pupils are responding, but no sounds came out of her, no hum, no groan or anything. It seems like she's trying yet her body is still just too weak to be properly functioning. She's fine, even if she's, again, unconscious.

"Monitor her per thirty minutes, check the vital signs and I will personally check her on that every thirty minutes."
      I commanded and the nurses nodded before doing their jobs.

I watched them, and just waited for the to record everything before writing down the time of the event on her record board. And as finished, everyone went out except me and him.

My eyes quickly went to him when the sound of the door shutting close echoed a little inside the room. He's pale, sweaty and looking at the way he's breathing, I could conclude, he's shocked.

My lips parted as I was about to call for his attention but halted my words when I saw him struggling to move his shaking body to approach the patient.

"Cha-Chae-..."
      There's voice coming out of him, hut there were no understandable words.

"I'm sorry..."
       Two words came out and I felt a little pain in my chest.

He approached for the woman's hand and knelt on the tiled, cold ground. His head rested on the intertwined hands and his voice shaken as he let out a sigh while tears began to stream.

"Sorry."
     He repeated.

I know it's painful, everyone who loves her is in pain, that's for sure. Even I, Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa and him are in pain. What's more painful about this is that none of her family had visited her yet.

But just when I thought of that...

"Chaeyoung-ah! My sweethea-..."
        My head quickly turned to the person who barged in, she's with two more people. It is her mother, father and sister.

The mother scanned the image of her unconsciously lying daughter. Everything's evident, from bruises, small cuts, each patches, band aids and to those machines monitoring her and keeping her breathing.

"Ch-Chaeyoung-ah..."
        I've seen this kind of situation already, many times actually.

Those patients who would come here from accidents, will be saved and be out of the operating room... I just didn't know that it'll hurt me like this too.