Terrified ♤

•Yoongi•

After the Austrian prince had departed that night, the prince decided to watch a new documentary about the country. It wasn't actually necessary for the ladies to tag along but lately, they became quite clingy to the prince. And when I say clingy, I'm talking about Kyung-mi, Eun-ae and Mari. Miso, was always quite passive. She silently watched in a seat, quite distant from the 4 who were snuggled together in the palace's huge, cozy and cold movie room. Charlie who sat a few seats away was enjoying a bucket of popcorn instead. I could sense the prince oftenly giving her subtle glances. With the doll on her lap, while comfortably tucked in a blanket.

"Charlie, aren't you cold in there."

The prince casually asked

The prince casually asked. She shook her head not even looking back at him. Still enjoying her popcorn while watching.

"LADIES, we're not watching a horror movie. So stop snuggling. You're suffocating me."

Annoyed, he spat his odd mood to the other mistresses as he was probably expecting Charlie to say yes and by that, he would have an excuse to join her.

I silently chuckled at how pissed his majesty looked like. When I looked at Miso's direction, I saw her shoulders shaking up and down too.

I sat just a seat away from Charlie who happily offered me popcorn. I declined by raising a hand. The new documentary was made for the country's good image and its prospering economy. The crown Prince himself was done watching it and he obliged his son to take a look at it and suggest something that could be added.

But the prince was too distracted of the silent mistress who was a few seats down from him. Until the new documentary film ended and a new one automatically played.

This time it's about North Korea.

I flinched a little as clips from the other side of the border arrayed in front of the girl who grew up there.

"Look how pathetic the people are at the other side. No wonder they are as spiteful and dangerous as their leader because these people have no formal education."

I looked at Charlie who chewed slowly and eyes stuck on the screen.

Clips of poverty and lack of urbanism displayed in front of us. People walking around in such old fashioned looks that it appeared as though they were still from decades ago.

"Look. Do these people even eat? This is why they are forced to come here. Because they lack a lot of things that they thought our country would provide them for free. No wonder they would do anything just to get out of there. Even if it means harming people from a country they would like to live in. Such scavengers. My grandfather allowed defectors back then, hoping that he could make a difference for these people.  But since then, mostly crimes in the country were caused by them. You give your hand, they take your arm. You help them, they betray you. That's why I don't and will never feel compassion for these ingrates."

Then what I feared most, happened she had spoken...

"They don't have anything to eat, your highness... mostly, people only feed on what they can find around. Some even consider wild grass for consumption and at unfortunate times, they would risk picking out poisoned mushrooms just to have something to eat. Not everyone's poor...there are also civilized ones and mostly live in the city. Also, not everyone is like how you described them...I believe that anywhere we go, people are different. I suppose there are nice people from that side too."

I saw how the prince turned crimson in fury.

"How would you know? Have you been there?"

Anguish was painted all over the prince's handsome face. As Charlie even delivered her opinion in such a soft yet defiant tone.

She didn't reply and we were all startled as he screamed at her.

"Face me when I'm talking to you! Now tell me, how did you know about these matters and did I even ask for your opinion?!"

Charlie stood and faced him. Alarmed, I stood as well

"Your highness,"

He raised a hand on me.

"Now tell me. Do you have any basis to even justify these people? Unless you're one of them..."

Charlie, do not say anything...please.

She looked up at the prince that even in the dimmed room, I saw her eyes welled in tears.

"I...I just think that it's better not to generalize people from the other border your highness...as we might not know their true condition and w-we don't have any idea what they're going through to degrade them just like that."

What Charlie just said was like a crisp slap on the prince's face. Reading between the lines, she called him judgemental. She boldly added more fuel to the fire.

The prince suavely walked his way yo where Charlie stood and his face, completely contemptuous. Charlie followed him by sight but worry was evident in her eyes.

"Were you told that unless I asked for your opinion, you are not allowed to open that small mouth of yours?..."

Charlie flinched as he squeezed her small face and pulled her near his. Not a single look of admiration can be detected from the prince's face. 

"You are isolated for a week and since you think that grass is edible, let's see how you will you be able to survive eating just that. This is a lesson for you, Charlie. Never to contradict my notions."

He harshly released  her and walked out of the huge movie room. Charlie, in her quivering hands, held her face and I knew the prince didn't restrain himself as marks of his hand slowly formed on her ivory cheeks. The ladies crowded her and Mari held her. I was expecting for them to scold her but they just held her.

"Don't do it again... we've never been punished and assaulted like the prince did to you. Next time, just keep your opinion to yourself. You won't impress him that way, especially if it's about North Korea."

Eun-ae in her normal tone delivered.

"Ladies, go back to your quarters."

I ordered. Charlie stood frozen on her spot.

It was a very innocent opinion coming from a person who had probably experience most parts. I gently held her arm and she threw herself in my arms. Finally released her emotions. She was shocked and sadly what happened might change the way she sees the prince.

"Charlie, please...be careful next time."

"S-sir Yoongi, I don't want to be here anymore..."

I rubbed her back. I knew she was terrified of what the prince physically did to her. She got really scared. I can tell as she's still shaking. 

"Shhh, let's go...I'll take you back to your quarters."

I need to confide this matter to my father and also clarify a few things to Charlie so she won't ever commit the same mistake again.

•♤•