Threatened ♧

Vienna, Austria

Seokjin

"I know you don't like me."

I was on my way to my father's quarters when I encountered the princess. In such a painful voice, she delivered an accusation towards me.

In disbelief I paused and looked down on her.

"I beg your pardon?..."

Eyes, fixated on the huge window of the palace's marble halls, she uttered;

"I feel your distaste on my presence here...it's not my fault that we came from the same womb. I see you're not the type who would settle for tangible evidences. You want something more...as absurd as genetic evidence."

I roved my eyes all over this small figure who's suddenly lashing me with such accusations. I crossed my arms and in a stern way, eyed her.

" 'DNA evidences' is nowhere near absurd young miss. Yes, I can't do anything about the part that we both came from the same womb. But don't go around my territory, suddenly confronting me like that. You're a princess but you have limitations to keep in mind."

I delivered my words in gritted teeth as I anguishly placed my index finger on my temple. My voice, resonated around the empty hallway.

"And why would that even matter if you're my real sister?...unless you have intentions and my suggestion threatened you."

At that part, her eyes leaked with suppressed emotions. For some reason, I was taken aback as I didn't want to push her this far. Having the nerves to suddenly question what I do, considering that she just arrived her a few days ago.

"When I learned about who I really am, I got scared. Really scared...because I know people would definitely question my existence. But I feared other people for that matter...and told myself that I have an older brother and he will surely protect me. "

I felt a pang of guilt as her tone softened and she finally bursted into tears.

"I apologize if I sounded so accusing. I grew up without anyone defending me...so most of the time I needed to rely on myself and go through life with a facade. I needed to be tough."

It hurts...she's right. Why was I so judgemental when she didn't look for us. We found her.

The proofs she had were with her all along and she was obviously clueless of their significance to our family.

And here I am...subtly denying a position that was destined for her.

but what to do? Even though it's evident that this is the reality of our situation, there's this little voice within me nudging me that something doesn't feel right.

"I-I'm sorry your higness, please forgive my rudeness..."

She bowed and left, still in a sullen manner, which probably got worse as I didn't do anything to console her. I pulled out my phone and called my adviser.

"I want you to process everything that is needed for the DNA test. I want results as soon as possible...conceal this matter to my parents and that's an order."