Security ♤

Taehyung•

"Wait, dad, tomorrow?...why are we in a rush?"

My father clicked his tongue on the other line and grunted.

"We relayed the princess' medical tests to her parents and they were completely surprised about the matter. It was originally their wish to extend or prolong your engagement to her as they still want to spend more time with her. However, it was an extreme embarrassment for the Austrians to have discovered that their child has a possibility of not giving you an heir, to which I have clearly discussed the new mistress' role to play. They agreed to not waste time and have you two engaged and marry rightaway...not just for the country, but for both of you to try producing an heir as early as possible. I was likely your age when I had your mom pregnant. I am close to my 50s and soon you will take over. I don't want the people to question about your future wife's capability of producing an heir. So we should take risk and try harder on that part. In 3 years time, if the princess won't still produce an heir then we have no choice but to-"

"NO."

I firmly responded.

"I will not have any other woman bear my child except for Charlie."

My father heaved a sigh;

"Then do everything you can."

"Dad, medical technology offers a lot of options...I hope you'd stop being so stubborn about it and consider that. Even if it's against your notions, as you think going against natural conceiving is inappropriate, I'll have to finally disagree with you. We don't need a surrogate or some baby maker!"

"My future grandchildren won't be made in some science lab. You don't know the side effects that it could cause. Believe me. I know."

"How do you know when we haven't even tried?!"

"I have!"

My father yelled back making me shush in an instance.

"W-what are you saying dad..."

"Just be there tomorrow and stop asking questions. Don't go against my will Kim Taehyung or you will not take my place."

He cut the call.

What does that even mean? Did he...

I shook my head. All these revelations crashing on me at the same time caused a terrible headache. I was planning to go back and continue playing with the guys but I decided not to. I went straight to my room and thought about everything.

Avalanche cheating on the girl he got pregnant? Seemed surreal...

He doesn't even find the Luxembourg duchess attractive nor even gave her special attention before.

Sure. This abrupt engagement with Charlie is an advantage not only for me as a man in love with her but for a sealed alliance between our countries...but the royal elders what us to rush things up only to prove that Charlie is not completely barren. But this information which we intentionally hid from her could traumatize her.

This was found out when the palace doctor performed a general check up on her. Every  mistress that I take to bed,  needed to be checked. The Doctor even said that I shouldn't be worried because there's a slight chance that I could get her pregnant. It was an advantage I never thought that would worry us in the end.