invisible line ♡

Vienna, Austria

Seokjin

"Mother, grandmama, I was told you called for me."

I entered the huge tea room and found my mother, my paternal grandmother and the princess, having tea.

"Seokjin, come here and join us, my prince. How's your day?"

I smiled and slightly bowed;

"I'm good grandmama, what could be so important that my presence is needed?"

I suavely sat on a couch across the princess who was silently eyeing me. I graced her a quick glance and beamed at the certified Dietrichstein women in our family. Until now, I couldn't convince myself to be amiable to her. I myself couldn't explain this feeling...I'm usually friendly but to me, her presence in this household is akin to a thorn deeply embedded in my skin. I'm just waiting for the result of her DNA test to confirm my gut feeling.

"Young majesty, we would like to retrieve the Leontopodium brooch that you have in your possession. The one intended for the 3rd generation princess? I clearly recall you took it at your sister's 16th birthday."

I shifted my weight.

The one I gave to the adorable girl, Charlie. Which kinda reminded me. She hasn't answered any of my messages yet which were days ago. I wonder if something happened. She sounded a little unhappy.

So I'm a little worried.

I raised a brow and smiled.

"I sincerely apologize, but I'm afraid I lost it."

The 2 older women flinched in surprise on what I said. They exchanged glances but one pair of sullen eyes remained on me. I can sense that she didn't  believe me.

"I lost it when I had a trip to Geneva. I forgot to inform you and once again, I apologize..."

"How can you lose something so important? That is a royal heirloom my prince... oh dear..."

My mother sadly eyed the princess.

"It doesn't matter. I'll give mine to you."

My grandmother aimed at the so called princess whose sullen eyes retained.

"Mother, grandmama, I have decided that after my brief visit to Thailand, I will go straight back to Korea. I would gladly escort the royal family back here in Austria."

The older monarch at first was uncertain. But a wry smile formed on her lips that despite dacades of existence, remained beautiful and alluring.

"I'm sure your father has allowed you. So I see no problem. "

I stood and bowed to them.

"I will take my leave."

--♡--

I didn't look at the princess...and thought to myself; Until proven that she is really the princess that we have been looking for, not a single heirloom will be in her possession. Funny but I gave it to Charlie without a second thought. Could've been better if she was my sister...if only we can choose family...