Chapter 1

I snapped out of my daydreams when the phone on my table rang. Automatically reaching up to smoothen my hair, I cleared my throat and composed myself before picking up.

"Sir?"

"Iyana, can you come in here with my schedule?" he said over the phone and I felt my heartbeat speed up as it usually does whenever I hear him talk. Girl, you will have a heart attack one of these days if you are not careful one of these days.

"No problem Sir." I replied before disconnecting. Quickly getting the schedule he requested, I made my way to his office. Immediately I opened the door to his office, his scent, that scent that is uniquely his in the universe washed all over me. I have had a hopeless crush on my boss since I started working here but I know I'm not his type of girl. I have seen the girls that troop in and out of his office and we're definitely different. They're blond, I'm not. I have the usual African thick black hair. They're tall and model slim, I'm average and not slim. I'm big, I'm bold, I'm large, I'm fat, whichever word works for you. The list goes on. Even if I wasn't all those things, he has a strict rule about coworkers being in a relationship. It was a no no.

You're not coworkers. He's literally your employer. He pays your salary. You work for him not exactly with him... My mind supplied and I nodded. True. Not coworkers but still work in the same complex. So hello 4 years of unrequited love.

I am ashamed of myself. Who pins after a guy for 4 good years after getting out of a shittrap in life? You'd think I'd be grateful and stay away from the male folks but nooooo. I just went ahead and liked the man with eyes as unique as his dog just because his dog loved him. Nice. Well liking him hadn't really been difficult because let's face it. Leo Harper is an amazing person. He's friendly and so nice and his employees thought he was the best boss ever. I thought so too. And his perfect gentleman personality was one of the things that got the female employees going to the point that they wanted to fall into his bed with their legs wide open because If he's such a gentle man like this, imagine how good a lover he'd be. He seems like the sort of man tat will take his time and explore your body and pay so much attention to your pleasures that you'd probably die from cumming so hard. Their words and not mine. He had a fan club he didn't know of.

Wow. Thank you for putting that image in my head ladies. I thought that day as I sat in that bathroom stall and waited for them to leave. I wasn't exactly looking forward to sleeping with a man anytime soon but those women put an image in my head and I couldn't stop wondering what it'd be like to have a nonselfish lover, to have someone that will pay attention to your pleasures and not just his.

I shook my head to clear the images that began playing out in my mind.

"Sir you have a meeting with the managing director of..." I was cut off by the sound of his phone ringing. He nodded towards a seat for me to sit down as he took the call. "Hey Danica."

I settled into a seat and tried not to listen because it was not my business at all. I had no business listening to his phone call. I looked around the room and then at him. It was a video call actually and he looked too damn happy. The sort of smile you give to that special person and not everyone.

"Say hi to Bubbles." I heard the Danica person say. She sounded sweet. Bubbles barked a number of times and he laughed before saying hey girl. Hope you've been good around the cats."

"She's scared of Blinky." Danica called out.

"Everyone's scared of Blinky. Keith is Blinky's bitch. She is bossy as hell....and she's mean too."

"She's not mean. She just likes having her way. By the way your Shiba Inu is ready to go home." Danica replied and I shifted in my seat. I didn't know he was getting another dog. I think dog lovers are amazing.