Chapter 7

Iyana's POV

I finished up fast that day with the hope that I'd up and leave before him for the first time since I started working there. It was 5:18pm and I wanted to go home. I packed up fast and then knocked on his door and counted to 5 seconds in my mind before opening the door. I was surprised when I saw him, not behind his desk but in the small meeting area where he had been sleeping the last time I came in. Only difference between last time and this time was that last time, he was sleeping on the sofa but this time, he was sitting on the floor with plates open. I didn't ever imagine bosses do something like this.

He looked at home sitting on the door of his office. He waved me closer with his left hand while he drank from a bottle of water.

"Done for the day?"

"Yes Sir."

"Well come on let's dig in. Keith dropped this off in the morning and said Danica packed lunch for me. It's more than enough for two."

I shook my head and I gave a small smile. "I had something to eat earlier." Liar liar pants on fire. You know you want to join him, not just because it's him but because it's Danica's cooking. Don't you want to taste it a little?

"Come on. It's a lot. You're not imposing. It will be nice to eat with someone once in a while." he said as he pushed one plate across the table and I frowned mentally at his words. He sounded like he didn't eat with people a lot. I gave in and sat down.

"Okay. Before we begin, I wish to apologise for what happened on Friday."

"Oh..." I muttered dumbly feeling very uncomfortable. So much for hoping he won't remember. "No. I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have gone that f..." I began but he cut me off.

"I wanted to go that far." he said in a rush and the breath rushed out of my lungs.

"What?" I whispered as my eyes flew up to meet his and he swallowed and cleared his voice before dropping the spoon. So much for just eating. My eyes went back to looking at the plate of food before me again.

"I wanted to go that far...with you. Just not drunk and sitting on a toilet. I uhmm... just wanted us to be aware so that there won't be any regrets."

"Oh...." I said dumbly again. "B...but you vomited right after we stopped k..kissing." Why was I stuttering like a teenage virgin?

"Oh that. Because alcohol hits me really hard all the time. I don't drink because I'm a light head, probably because I'm this skinny but..." he shrugged and then continued. "Besides its a good thing it happened after. I could have done that in your mouth and you would have slapped me and walked out and I would have come into work today only to meet your resignation letter instead of you."

"Ohhh." I dumbly replied for the third time that night. I wanted to slap myself for over thinking it. Why did that not occur to me? Why did I have to imagine just the negative things and leave out the positive? I gave a nervous laughter before saying something. "Ohh I'm glad it's just that. I thought you...you found me disgusting or something like th...that." Why the fuck are you stuttering??!

"Disgusting? This is completely unprofessional and I apologize for that but I think you are hot as hell."

"Oh.." I whispered as I felt my face heat up. What the fuck is wrong with you? Say something!! What happened to your ability to speak? My mind screamed at me. I didn't know how to reply. I had never been called that before. I was tongue tied. I hated that I was tongue tied. I hated that I didn't really know how to react to compliments.

"I'll stop. I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable." he said and cleared his throat and I finally looked at him. He looked embarrassed and I understood why. Even I would look embarrassed.