Chapter 22

When I came to, I was disoriented and all I could think was what is making that noise? It was whining and howling and scratching the door and it had me scrambling out of bed and reaching out for the bedside light.

I couldn't find it. Feeling a bit panicky, all I could think of was protecting Amari and wondering how a wolf ended up in the house. The light suddenly came on and I hissed and closed my eyes because it was too bright.

"Yana?" a familiar voice called out and I opened my eyes to see Leo looking at me with concern and confusion on his face.

"There's a wolf out there. Where's my daughter? What are you doing in my room?" I asked stupidly

"Huh?" he said and my brain finally woke up. I watched him yawn and scratch his chin as he moved to open the door and his dogs ran in and onto the bed.

"I thought it was a wolf. .What time is it?" I asked sleepily as I yawned and he said almost 1am. That wiped the traces of sleep out of my eyes.

He looked at the clock on the wall and my eyes followed his. 12:45am. Fuck. I had to get home. How did I even end up sleeping in his room? I thought back and remembered. I had a bad headache after crying and he gave me something for it and told me to take a cold shower to cool my head. I did just that, came out, saw his bed and gave into the temptation of sitting and laying on it. Shit.

"I have to go home. I didn't tell anyone that I won't come back. They must be worried." I said hastily as I unlocked my phone, expecting 30 missed calls from my mother. There was none. Zero. With a frown, I checked again and again and the message box. There was nothing there.

"She called when you fell asleep and I told her you fell asleep after talking. But she didn't believe me. I had to send a picture and a video and she heard the small snores and said she will call you back in the morning." I felt my face heat up when he said small snores. He sent his dogs out of the room and muttered something about it being the first time he's locking them out of his room and they didn't like it as he got under the covers and pulled it over his head. I just stood there and wondered what to do. My bra was tight and uncomfortable and so were my jeans. Now, if I were a lot of sizes smaller, I would have asked him to lend me a shirt but I was not and there was no way I was going to sleep naked. Maybe I should just stay awake all night I thought as I fumbled with my phone and wondered if it'd be rude to wake my mum up at that hour of the night.

He pushed off the covers and frowned at me and I felt sheepish because I looked odd standing like an idiot.

"What are you doing?" He asked and I shrugged nonchalantly which was the opposite of what I felt. Then I sighed and my shoulders fell.

"I'm uncomfortable. I don't sleep in jeans."

"Then take them off." He said with a roll of his eyes, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh...okay then. Look away."

"I have seen you naked."

"I know that." I replied.

" I have also gotten in between your legs."

"I remember. I was there." I replied with a roll of my eyes. It was surprising, the fact that I could be myself around Leo. It was one of those things I had to stop doing because I wasn't allowed to talk back at him.

"So....what's up?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Nothing. Just turn around." The reason why I didn't want him looking at me was because I didn't want to look stupid while struggling out of my jeans. Taking off by jeans have always been a chore for me. I'd have to push it down my waist and then start stepping on each leg to hold it down while I pulled my leg out of them. He didn't say anything I reply, just did as I said and I took off the bra before beginning the painfully annoying job of getting out of the jeans. When I was finally done, the itch set in. My thighs always itch after being freed from the confines of tight trousers and that was the reason why I tried not to wear them as much.