Chapter 14

Listening to his heartbeat was soothing. I sniffled and rubbed my eyes as he rubbed my back. Last time I cried for something so serious was when I had Amari and she had complications, asides that, I hadn't cried seriously in so long. All of a sudden, within what was not up to 12 hours, I'd broken down and cried before Leo.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled into his chest and he   hmm-ed and told me it was fine. I continued. "I didn't mean to watch what you were doing. I just found it weird that you left your phone here and I knocked and you didn't open up or say anything and I assumed the worst. I didn't mean to watch..."

"It's fine. I don't mind that you saw me doing what I was doing. I mean, you have been clouding my thoughts for so long. I just...it doesn't matter...Who hit you?" he asked and I froze a little. I wanted to say no-one but then I let out a small breath. There was no point in lying since I already reacted like someone that had been hit over and over again.

"My ex." I said in one breath. He didn't say anything, rather his arms tightened around me before he let me go so I could look up at him.

"Want us to order dinner now? We didn't have lunch today."

"Yeah. Let me clean up my face and get the menu from my room." I replied as we got up from where we had been sitting on the floor. When my hand touched the door handle, I stopped when he called my name.

"Yana?"

"Hmm?" I replied as I turned to look at him.

"I'm sorry you went through whatever it is you want through in the past. I'm sorry I scared you when I got angry. I'm sorry you thought I was going to hit you. I have never and would never do that to any woman. I'm sorry."

I smiled. He was so sweet. "It's fine. It's not your fault. It was mine, you had the right to get angry. I should not have..."

"Don't do that. Don't blame yourself. You didn't do anything wrong. Nothing was your fault. Nothing." he replied and I nodded,  somehow knowing that he wasn't talking about what just happened but about what happened in the past that made me be that way. I nodded and went to my room.

Leo's POV

I ran my fingers through my hair when she disappeared into her room.

Fucking hell. What the hell did I just get myself into? This is the type that will make someone like Keith stay away. He'd probably say something like 'No I'm just in this for the sex and if a girl comes with too much baggage I'm out. It's strictly a sexual relationship and nothing more than that.'

Domestic violence? I'd seen the small almost nonexistent scars on her body when she was nude but it didn't cross my mind that it could have been the outcome of an abusive relationship. I looked up when she came out with the menu and when she smiled at me, it was like nothing even happened some minutes ago. It was as if all was well with the world and she didn't just break down and cry in my arms.

"So what do they have there?" I asked and she placed it on the table before me and sat down opposite me.

"A lot. But I want the shredded chicken and rice and sauce."

"Wow. You're so excited." I commented and she smiled shyly.

"I like food."

"Don't we all?" I replied with a laugh as I went through the menu. I called and ordered the food and when I was done, I looked at her. She was playing with her phone, and seemed oblivious to the fact that I was assessing her. Why anyone would treat her that way was something I didn't understand. She was nice and sweet and when she wasn't being shy, her adorable personality reared its head. She was always trying to please me and those around her, like back then when Danica was so insecure that she did anything to make those around her like her.