Chapter 4

Leo's POV

Iyana was being skittish around me. There were times I caught her looking at me when she thought I was not looking and then she'd have this guilty expression on her face, shake her head and go back to work.

"She likes you." Sammy supplied from the other side of the table and I sighed and shook my head.

"Who likes me? And why the fuck are you in my office? Shouldn't you be at work?" I snapped and he laughed out loud as he stretched out his long legs and relaxed and I felt like throwing him out the window.

"Unlike some people I know, I always find time to leave my office. Relax, disturb you, harass Keith, get laid and shit. And by she I mean your secretary. And she fine."

I rubbed the bridge of my nose. "No she doesn't like me. And I relax and shit as well. Go and disturb Keith. Leave me.... And leave my secretary."

"I don't want her when she wants you." he replied with a shrug and I sighed again for the one hundredth time since he came to my office 5 minutes ago.

"What's there to like?" I asked as I finally dropped the pen in my hand and leaned back into the seat. I wasn't a prize. What was there to like about me? "And how do you know she does? And why are you here making my life hell?"

"I heard girls like pretty guys."

"Fuck you." I replied with a laugh. He calls me pretty to annoy me because he knows I hate it.

"Just fuck around a little. Live a little."

"I'm living." I replied with a shrug. I was existing but that was no one's business.

"You're existing. You wake up in the morning, walk your dogs, go to work, go home and sleep. It's a cycle. That's not living. You're 33 today and you've never even had a girlfriend."

"I have had a girlfriend...and you don't hear me complain about my life." I replied with an eye roll. I had a girlfriend once. She left me for a really buff guy. Awesome. "You don't hear me complaining."

"Yes. I hear ya. Anyway clubbing tonight by 10pm."

"I'm not going." I deadpanned.

"Dude. It's your fucking birthday. You're going clubbing."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are. It's my duty as a friend to ensure that you have fun and get laid. Keith would too but Danica would skin him alive if he stepped into a strip club for any reason and so it's up to me. You could dabble around with your secretary if she's interested." Sammy replied and I laughed a little at that.

Danica wasn't going to skin Keith alive for going to a strip club. She was just going to either leave the room for days until he was grovelling or be really nice to him and act like nothing happened and then deny him sex after getting him really turned on, and he is too pussy whipped to let it happen.

"Hmm. I'm still not going clubbing." Why do I have to go out because it's my birthday? I didn't get the reasoning behind that mentality. I found it strange and overrated. I could easily go out and do all those things whenever I wanted to. "I don't mix business and pleasure. I have a policy going on here. I won't be the one to break it."

"You're the boss. Rules are meant to be broken." he completed with a grin and I hmm-ed again. There was a knock on the door and Iyana walked in with a green file.

"Are those the letters?" I asked as she walked to towards the table. "Yes Sir." she replied with a nod as her eyes focused on everything but me. I coughed a bit and uncapped my pen while opening the file. I signed all four letters and looked at my watch to check the time before telling her to send them before 5pm. She had 15 minutes. I pulled out a flash drive from my drawer and dropped it into her open palm and she pulled back like I was made of fire when my fingers brushed against her hand. "Edit the content of this flash drive and forward it to the email address attached to it."