Chapter 8

At work the next day, it was like nothing happened. We went through the activities of the day like whatever transpired between us was a figment of my imagination but I didn't blame him. He was busier than usual that day. He had series of meetings with different people that day. However, by 1pm, the rush reduced and we returned to the normal pace. He still had a private meeting going on in his office when he rang me for lunch.

"Iyana please order lunch from the usual place."

"Yes Sir."

"For two if you're also interested."

"Alright Sir." and he dropped the call. I did as was instructed. I pressed my fingers against my temples and rubbed them wit the hope that I'd feel better. I stayed awake all night wondering what he'd do if he found out I was frigid. Maybe just go ahead with the sex like my ex had done or maybe make me feel like shit about it like my ex had done or maybe both of them? Just like my ex had done.

Stop comparing him to that son of a bitch Iyana Mila fucking Garvey. He's not like that and you know it. He apologized for mistakenly cumming in your mouth. That alone says a lot about the kind of person he is. Tom was an asshole, forget him and stop imagining this one will be like him. I told myself over and over again but it didn't work. I still continued thinking.

20 minutes later, I was in his office delivering the said lunch. His guest stepped out about 5 minutes ago and he was finally free for the day. I dropped the food on the desk, deliberately refusing to look at the meeting area.

"Please get the diary. I need you to reschedule some meetings. Today's pileup wasn't funny."

I did as I was asked to. His 9:30am meeting ended up taking longer than planned and so it affected the 11am and 12 noon meetings. Since he wasn't really an afternoon person, the meeting that ran into 2pm that day left him irritable.

He put the pack of food in the food warmer next to his swivel chair and I sat down with the diary.
He told me to make some meetings VIP and moved some meetings to the next day and some to the next week. He asked me to find a date for some meetings which I highly doubted would hold on those dates because of the appointments he had for those days but I had to try. It was my job to try. We went over the diary over and over again and when we were finally convinced that we'd done the best to accommodate him, I left and he focused on lunch. I imputed everything we changed in his diary into the computer on my desk and saved.

I had just finished eating a protein bar when he buzzed me again to come in. I swallowed and went in.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" he asked when I sat down and I shook my head. "No Sir."

"I feel you're very uncomfortable around me. I apologize if it's because of yesterday and I take it back if you're this way because of my proposition. I don't want you to feel that this is one of those circumstances where the boss blackmails the secretary to sleep with him otherwise she will pay the price or whatever. I just asked because I thought you wanted the same thing."

"I do want the same thing. I just didn't know how to react this morning."

"That's why you're being this way? Because you didn't know how to react this morning? How else are you supposed to react except by being the normal way? Feel free. If you want to get down and dirty you let me know. We're in this together. Let me not feel like I'm using you or only taking without giving back."

"I'm sorry. I... I have never been in this kind of relationship before, so I feel somewhat awkward around you."

He sighed and left his chair and walked around the table over to where I was sitting and I stood up because I didn't want to feel caged in. I noticed he used a rubber band to pull his hair up in a bun. I liked that. "Relax" he said softly before he kissed me softly and I practically melted into my shoes. I felt the weirdness leave my body and I relaxed like he told me too.