Chapter 10

Iyana's POV

I loved my job. It paid me well, I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with my family and bond with my daughter so she would never think her mother was always off working and never spent time at home with her. I had an amazing boss and I had the opportunity to go to places I didn't think I'd go to because I occasionally followed him on business trips. I gained a lot and in as much as I worked into the night sometimes and went home really tired a lot of times, the benefits balanced the stress that came with being a personal secretary.

I booked the plane tickets and reserved a suite in a hotel as usual and then forwarded the file I was supposed to forward to management.

My business line rang and I picked up. "Sir?"

"2 cups of coffee. One black, the other with 2 cubes of sugar and a lot of cream." and the line went dead. Wow. Brisk much? I thought as I did as I was asked to and soon, I was knocking and stepping into the office to drop the cups. He had a visitor, a beautiful brunette. She was tall and slim and had beautiful kind brown eyes

"The black is for me." he said as he signed away on one paper. I know that.

"I hope you got it the way I asked for it." she said before taking a sip and I nodded and muttered a yes ma'am before turning to leave the room. Why are you so pretty? I asked her in my mind as I closed the door behind me.

By 5pm, I was exhausted and it showed on my face. I wanted to sleep and also had to pack for the trip since we had to leave in the morning. By 5:15pm, I knocked on his door ready to leave.

"Sir I..."

"I was just about to buzz you." he said as he clicked away on his computer. "I need you to type this." he continued as he handed a handwritten document of what felt like more than 12 pages over to me. Shit. "Did you need something?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No Sir." I replied before leaving the room and closing the door behind me. I called my mum and spoke to Amari and told them I'd hopefully be back soon but it may take longer than expected because of the load of work and then disconnected and got to work.

No matter how fast I was in typing, it still took a long time before I finally finished typing. I yawned and checked the time. 8pm. I placed my head on my desk and closed my eyes to rest them a bit. Next thing I knew, I was waking up to someone calling my name and shaking me awake. First thing I saw when I opened my eyes were intense heterochromic eyes. His lips were moving.

"Hmm? Wassup?" I mumbled sleepily as my sleep muddled brain tried to process everything. Why is he bothering me? Who is he again?
It didn't take longer than one minute before I remembered and my head snapped up and off the desk.

"I.. I'm so sorry." I said in a voice laced with sleep. I was very tired. "I didn't mean to fall asleep. I just wanted to rest my eyes a bit."

"No it's okay. Have you finished typing it?"

"Yes Sir. I'll print it and bring into your office right now." I said as I connected the printer to the computer and held in a yawn that threatened to come out. He nodded and went back into his office. I checked the time again and it was 9pm. I fell asleep for an hour. I was exhausted. I hardly ever worked this hard and long in one day and that was why it hit me hard that way.

I drank water while I listened to the sound of the printer. Everywhere was silent. The night was dark and quiet and the cleaning crew were sure to have come and gone. We were probably the only ones still in the office. I sighed. I wanted to go home and kiss my daughter goodnight. I reached out and took the printed papers out of the printer, put them in a file and knocked on his door before entering. He was on the phone when I walked in. He waved me in and motioned that I take a seat while he concluded his call.