Chapter 36

"Babe we're going to miss this flight it you don't move your butt." I heard Leo bellow from the living room.

"I'm coming!" I screamed as I carefully placed the box of chocolates I was holding in my bag. It was precious to me and I wasn't going to just throw it in just because we had a flight to catch. I have a new found love for chocolate. I liked it. Now, I'm in love with it.

I heard the door open but didn't look up to know who it was because I knew it was either Leo, my mum or my daughter. I got on my knees and looked under the bed in a final attempt to search for the camera I hadn't used in a while and I heard a groan. So it was Leo.

"Yana what are you looking for?"

"My camera. We're going sightseeing. I need to take pictures to capture the moment." I said as I huffed. When I didn't find it, I threw the pack of pads on my bed at the wall in frustration and got a little satisfaction from watching it scatter on the floor.

I was just irritated and I didn't know why. I missed my cats. The James' agreed to keep them until we got back, so Leo and I took them to their house together with his dogs. I gave them the gifts I got for them. I hadn't expected anything in return but Danica had other plans. I couldn't say no to the gift boxes she gave to me. She's hands down the sweetest person alive. She then asked if I was nervous about both families meeting and I nodded.

"Well that's to be expected. But I think you should relax. Leo's mum is so sweet. She's a really nice person, she's caring, jokes a lot and knows how to have fun. Sometimes I wish she's my mother in-law." She whispered that last line conspiratorially and I chuckled before getting sober again.

"What if she thinks I'm too fat for her son? What if she thinks I'm a gold-digger? Or hates that I'm a single mum?"

"She's not that shallow. Besides, she's still busy thinking of the fact that her baby finally has a girlfriend. And Amari is too adorable to hate. You'll be fine, I promise. She's a gem."

Did her words make me feel better? Yes, they actually did. And so I had a little more confidence and became more positive about the trip. So I focused on everything else, like the fact that I'd missed two periods and was about to miss another one.

I googled my symptoms and everything pointed towards pregnancy. But then I saw blood on random days and while wondering why I was spotting, I went online to Google as usual and closed the tab immediately I saw cancer and STI while reading. I knew I had to go to the hospital but I was scared of what they'd tell me. So I figured I'd leave it until after Christmas. I didn't want any bad news to ruin my Christmas for me. I mean, what if I have an STI? It would mean that Leo put his unprotected penis into someone else and I didn't want to think about something so vile.

"Babe stop throwing stuff. What is the source of your irritation this time around?" He asked as he picked up the scattered pads and I frowned.

"Are you trying to say I'm always irritated?"

"Yes, Yana. That has been the constant for the past few weeks."

"Well forgive me for always being irritated."I snapped as I got up and put on my shoes.

"If it's because of the camera I have one. It will serve. Now come let's go."

"I'm obviously coming."

"Did the period finally come?" He asked and I shook my head. "And the tests are still negative?"

"Uh huh."

"You should see a doctor. Make sure everything is okay with you." He said and I groaned and laid down on my back. I was so hungry I could eat a full cow but I knew Leo would get angry if I did anything else that would waste time.