Chapter 34

"Leave me alone. I have a tummy ache." I groaned as I swatted Leo's hands away from me. I was having a tummy ache and he was amusing himself by tickling my ear. I swiped down on my YouTube app in search of interesting Greek mythology videos to watch to distract myself.

"Have you taken the antacid?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Too nauseous." I mumbled as I swallowed another groan of discomfort. I had gastritis that acted up occasionally and it was a pain in my behind.

"What of the omeprazole? Is it working yet?"

"Soon."

"Just suck it up and take the antacid."

"It's disgusting." I replied as I rolled over and pulled the duvet up my chin and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Don't be a baby. Take it so you'll stop groaning like a dying animal." He said and I gave him my middle finger and rolled over again in search of a comfortable position. It's been three weeks since my talk with Amari and I was finally able to strike a balance between spending time with my daughter and Leo and so far so good.

I made a retching sound and quickly dropped my phone as I sat up and waited for it to pass while wishing I wouldn't vomit but knowing I was eventually going to do so because my body hates me. I retched again and this time, I felt what I ate in the morning come up and I scrambled into the toilet to throw up. It hurt and it was disgusting and soon, it was over.

"Sorry." Leo said as he pressed the flush button before I could. I hmm-ed and began rinsing my mouth and washing my face.

"Here." He said as he thrust a bottle of Listerine in my hand which I used to rinse my mouth. Letting out a breath from my mouth, I stretched with a yawn.

"How do you feel?"

"Much Better. I'm actually hungry but I couldn't eat because of the nausea. So I'll just eat now before I start feeling nauseous again." I replied as I dried my face and then made my way back to the room. Picking up my phone, I made my way out of his room in search of food and I found nothing to eat. So I went back in to whine as usual because he makes better food than I do. I found him wrapped up like a burrito and laughing at funny videos like the maniac he was.

"Babe do you plan on leaving this bed today?" I asked as I got in and he shook his head.

"Nope. Today's my lazy day." He replied without looking at me. After minutes of waiting for attention and getting none, I sighed, stood up and began pulling the duvet off him.

"Nooooooooo. Not my precious." He screamed dramatically and I heaved as I succeeded in pulling the duvet off and began dragging him out of the bed by his legs.

"This is what happens when two introverts date. They become part of the furniture in the house." I said and he kicked like a petulant child while holding onto the headboard. He looked funny, kicking like that in his adult Winnie the Pooh onesie. If Amari saw him wearing that, I would have to get one for her too because Winnie is her all time favourite bear.

"I don't wanna go."

"I'm hungry."

"Order in."

"No. We're eating out and I'm buying you lunch."

"Nooooooooo."

"Oh my goodness Leo. Get up or I'm lifting you." I said and he stopped kicking and opened one eye to look at me.

"Can you really do that?"

"Have you seen the size of these muscles?" I said as I dropped his legs and flexed my biceps. There was no muscle but I still said what I said. Leo actually let go of the bed and told me to lift me. I raised a brow in surprise.