Chapter 37

I brushed my teeth while I listened to Leo hum as he showered. My mum and Amari shared a room while Leo and I were in his old room.
Leo's parents are not what I expected them to be. His mum is like him and his step-dad is a gentle softspoken man that obviously worships the ground his wife walks on and indulges her silly fun side. He is a really cool person and he was really good with Amari. Seriously though, what is up with this family? They're a breath of fresh air.

"Ian is cool." I said as I rinsed my mouth and brush while he stepped out of the shower, towel around his waist as he dried his hair with another towel.

"Ian is amazing. Even if I didn't like him as a person, the fact that he loves and makes my mum happy is enough to make me respect him." he replied as he hung the towel he dried his hair with before hugging me from behind with a wet body. Two towels and a wet torso. What a waste of towel I thought as I chuckled as I reached up to ruffle his damp hair.

"Before you complain, you still have the bathrobe on and it absorbs well enough, so I know I'm not getting you wet...well not the kind of wet I want you to be." He added with a wink and I laughed before turning around in his arms. Hopeless. I stood on the tip of my toes so I could do what I wanted to do. Licking his neck lightly, I sucked on a small patch of skin and gave a smug satisfied smile when I saw the hickey start to form.

"There. Marked ya."

"It's not permanent." He said and I shrugged.

"Want a jewelry? I could collar you you know." I teased and he laughed as he wrapped a palm around my neck and then squeezed lightly.

"No thank you mistress. I'm not the one that likes being choked. Freaky freaky."

I gasped dramatically. "You turned me to one."

"Iyana, beneath your cool exterior lies a being that soothes that side of me." He replied before hesitantly kissing me softly. I frowned when I picked up on the hesitation but it was so brief I thought I imagined it. "I like it. I like you...I love you." He traced my lips with his thumb as he looked into my eyes. "I miss you baby."

"But I've been here." I said, sounding as confused as I suddenly felt but he shook his head.

"No you haven't." he replied and I bit my lower lip to keep myself from arguing with him. He looked like he had something on his mind and I was kinda worried it was something serious because I didn't get how we went from teasing each other to what seemed like an ominous conversation.

"What do you mean?" I asked and he took a deep breath before letting it out.

"Can we talk now?" he asked and I nodded, not minding that we were standing in towels in the bathroom and it wasn't the best place to have a conversation. "I...I don't mean to sound whiny or make you feel uncomfortable but I...I really don't enjoy walking on eggshells around you and that's all I've done for almost a month now and I still managed to set you off. And it makes me wonder if...if maybe you don't want to be with me anymore, if I'm that much of an irritant to you. Maybe you're not feeling it anymore."

"Babe you've got it all wrong. You know that's not true. There's no way in hell you think that's true."

"I don't mean to or want to sound needy but I miss you Yana. I miss the attention. I miss the love." He cupped my face and ran his thumb over my lips again. "I miss making love to you. I miss the friendship. The past few weeks have been terrible and I have been trying to figure out if I did something wrong or if there's something I should have done but nothing is coming to me."

"That's because you didn't do anything. Baby you didn't do anything wrong. You have been wonderful." I desperately tried to reassure him. Leo is usually so reliable and understanding that I keep forgetting he's human with his own fears and concerns too.