Chapter 6

Iyana's POV

I woke up the next morning with a terrible hangover. My head and my eyes hurt but nothing hurt as much as my heart did. My face burned when I felt the humiliation all over again and I rolled over and used my pillow to cover my head. Tears of humiliation burned behind my kids but I refused to let them fall.

The events of last night came flooding into my mind and I took in deep breaths through my nose and let them out through my mouth.
How could you have been stupid enough to think he'd actually want you? Even though you were practically on your knees begging for it he still pushed you away and then vomited.
Oh God...

The voice mocked me over and over and I pressed my hands against my ears in a futile effort to shut out a voice inside my head. Leo and I had gone into the bathroom. We kissed, it was nice and intense regardless of the smell of alcohol on our breaths. Along the line he ended up closing the toilet lid and seating on it while I knelt down before him. All I could think of at that moment was the fact that he smelled intoxicating, that the man I had wanted for the past 4 years was the one locking lips with me. His touch was clumsy but it felt better than how I had been touched in the past. I began fumbling with his belt when he broke the kiss and kissed down my neck and his hands crawled under my blouse. 10 minutes had obviously passed. But then he just broke away and said he couldn't do it.

I was confused. I didn't understand what was going on. I moved to kiss his neck and I moved to unzip his pants when he actually grabbed my hands and pushed them away while shaking his head.

I don't want to do this. I don't want you like this he said. Whatever high that came with the alcohol left my body at that point. I was embarrassed as hell. There I was on my knees in the bathroom about to suck him off without any reservations whatsoever and the next thing I got was outright rejection. Fuck!

Like that wasn't enough, he turned and vomited. I couldn't get away soon enough. He was still retching when I left the bathroom and tried pulling myself together. I rushed back into the sitting room and thanked them for dinner and everything.

"Where's Leo?"

"He will be out soon. I...something just came up. I have to leave. They just called me to do something. I thank you all for having me. Danica you are an amazing cook. Thank you for dinner. Good night." and with that, I turned like wild rabid dogs were at my heels and left the house immediately.

I reached into my bag for my phone to call a taxi but couldn't find the phone. It occurred to me that I left it on the table where I sat for dinner. I turned back to go back in for my phone but ran into Danica. "Here. You forgot your phone."

I chuckled bitterly when it occurred to me that I forgot the phone I lied with. Wow. So much for getting a call. I obviously didn't get any call since my one and only phone had been on the table there with them. So they knew I lied. "Thank you."

"I have a trusted taxi guy's number. I can call him for you and he will be here in a jiffy."

"Yes please, thank you." I replied with a forced smile. I didn't want to be there, and I also didn't want to enter a random taxi that late in the night. I sat down on the stairs and wrapped my arms around myself and was surprised when she joined me.

"I'm sorry about what just happened. They can get out of control when they're buzzed like that. The excitement and the drinks revealed their childish sides."

"There's no need to apologize. Nothing bad happened. We just did the usual truth or dare. Can't remember the last time I did that. Years ago." I replied with another forced smile. My heart hurt, my head hurt, everything hurt. I'd never felt so humiliated in my entire life and I had faced humiliation over and over again in the past. I pressed my fingers against my eyes to keep the tears from coming. Over the years, I had mastered the art of keeping emotions within, of not crying just because it hurt, of having a strong facade. So swallowing my tears wasn't so difficult.