Chapter 27

My vibrating phone woke me up and I felt Leo moved beside me and I pressed the volume button to silence it so that it wouldn't wake him up.

"Hi mum. Good morning." I said with a yawn.

"It's Danica not Mum." The voice said with a laugh and I apologized when I recognized the voice.

"Sorry. Only my mum calls me by this time."

"What time do you think it is?"

"6?"

"It's almost 10 boo." She said and I sat up with a start.

"What?"

"Babe get off the phone and sleep." Leo grumbled as he put his arm around my belly and ended up pressing his face against my waist.

"Was that Leo?" She asked and my heart jumped in my chest.

"No!" I said a tad too defensively. I cleared my throat and tried again. "No. That wasn't Leo."

"Lemme not probe too much. So we're going to have a picnic outdoors today. Can you come with your daughter? It's a family and friends thing. No strangers. You can come and help me make the sandwiches and other food things if you're available and up to it."

"I can't really cook." I replied and Leo groaned and changed position and pulled the covers over his head.

"It's alright. The company is all that matters. So you'll come?"

"Yes. I'll come."

"Ayyy!!!! I'm so happy. Say good morning to Leo for me. Tell him not to forget the pillows." She said excitedly and my dumbass started saying "I will..." Then it occurred to me that it amounted to admitting that I was with him, so I hastily added "When I see him!!" And she replied with of course and disconnected.

"You know you just told her you're with me right?" Leo sleepily mumbled from under the covers and I nodded miserably. I heard a soft sound and figured he had fallen asleep again, so I got out of bed and pulled on the nightdress he left folded at the foot of the bed and left the room. I called my mum immediately I got to the sitting room and smiled when Bubble greeted me with excitement. Peaches just looked me and then closed her eyes again.

"Iyana Mila Garvey." My mum's voice boomed and I winced. Full name means I'm in trouble.

"Good morning mum."

"It's 10:01am."

"I'm sorry. I overslept." I said and I imagined her rolling her eyes.

"Of course you did. You also forgot you left your daughter in the middle of the night and she has been wanting to speak to you."

"I'm sorry... I didn't forget. I just passed out after playing GTA for so long."

"Grand theft auto?" My mum used to work in a video game rental store, so she is familiar with quite a number of games.

"Uh huh. Please give the phone to her let me speak to her." I said and she did. We talked for sometime before she then gave the phone back to my mum.

"When will you be back so that you can stay with her? I have plans for today." She said.

"Real soon. Danica just called. Apparently they're going to do a picnic thingy and she invited Amari and I. I told her we'd come."

"You finally have a life. I'm so happy." She sniffed and I smiled to that. Yes. I finally have a life. "Well I'll pick out the appropriate attire for my grand baby so that you won't waste more time doing that. Also, jokes aside. I can't stop emphasizing on this. Please be responsible. Use protection."