Chapter 39

Today ended up being a stressful one. Bad weather delayed our flight, so we didn't even have time to rest before the meeting and barely made it in time for the said meeting. They wouldn't have done anything without us but Leo takes punctuality to heart, so we had to go as soon as we got to the hotel and changed our clothes.

It lasted for over four hours and by 6:23pm, I was so tired I almost slept off a number of times. Well, I didn't because Leo kept nudging me awake. After a while, he excused me and told the others I wasn't feeling alright. I opened my mouth to argue about that but he gave me a look that shut me up and I nodded and excused myself.

Immediately I got to the room, I stripped and showered quickly before pulling on a Doraemon polo and fresh underwear and crawling under the covers and within few minutes, I was out like light. He woke me up to eat dinner a while later and looked at me with concern when he took in the exhaustion and irritation etched on my face even though I'd slept for at least two hours. I loved that he woke me up to eat but I was annoyed that he woke me up at the same time. My feelings were all over the place and I hated it. I apologised for my attitude before eating the food. I moved to clear the plates away but he pushed me back on the bed.

"Go back to bed babe. You don't look so good. You're seeing a doctor as soon as we get home."

"I'm not sick. I'm just really tired." I mumured and wished he was in bed with me. I didn't want to be alone anymore. I wanted him to hold me. I was so needy it was almost gross. After tossing and turning for what felt like hours, I felt tears well up in my eyes and I sat up, frustrated. I saw him working on his laptop and I got off the bed and moved over to where he was.

"Are you almost done?" I asked softly and he shook his head.

"No. It's going to be a long night. I have a lot to do and I have unanswered emails."

"How can I help?"

"You can help by going back to sleep. You look like you're about to keel over with exhaustion."

"I'm no longer sleepy."

"Just go back to bed. It will come."

"No." I replied with a small pout before drawing him closer to kiss him. He resisted. I frowned. "Babe what's wrong?" I asked before kissing him again. This time he returned it for few seconds before ending it.

"Iyana I kinda have a lot of work to do right now." He said and in reply, I straddled him and began unbuttoning his shirt.

"We can do it tomorrow. First thing after breakfast I promise. Come on. I'm horngry." I practically begged and he had the guts to snicker at me.

"Horngry? Really?"

"Shut up." I muttered, embarrassed. "I'll do the work with you tomorrow."

"Or I can do the work this night and we can make love from tomorrow till Sunday. Sex is physically exhausting babe. I may fall asleep afterwards if we do this, and I have stuff to do tomorrow, so I need to stay awake and do this so I'll be free tomorrow."

I sighed and nodded, a bit disappointed but I wasn't going to be selfish. Sex is exhausting and he needed energy to work. If he could take all my I'm not in the mood all those weeks ago, I can definitely take one night of his I kind of have a lot of work to do now. I wasn't going to be selfish.

"I'm sorry. I understand. I wasn't t really thinking." I said and moved to get off him but he held me in place. He then cupped my chin with his right hand and his eyes danced around my face like he was inspecting me before looking into my eyes.

"You look exhausted Yana."

"I actually feel exhausted."

"But you want me." He stated, amusement dancing in his eyes and I rolled my eyes. "Am I that irresistible?" He asked and I chuckled.