Chapter 21

Hi y'all. This chapter is the chapter where she will tell him everything without reservation.  It has mentions of abuse. I figured putting it up here before commencing with the story is better so that you'll know what you're up against. Also, if there is any hole in this chapter or anything that doesn't make sense, bring it to my attention and I'll do something about it. Thank you.

Leo lived in a nice quiet neighborhood. It had the whole white picket fence thing going on...well all but one house had a white picket fence. His house.

"Why is your own different?" I asked as I got out of the car.

"Because I have dogs. Bubbles got out one day and almost got hit by a car. Being as active as they are, I understand that they need space to run around but would run off if you leave the place open. So they let me put up the fence to keep the dogs in and still afford them the space of running around." he replied as he took out the bag of things he bought from the supermarket. "Can you help me get these things?" he asked as he nodded at his laptop bag, headphones and iPad. I picked them up and also took out his briefcase. I could hear dogs howling inside and I smiled a little, feeling a little excited.

Since I stopped walking dogs for funds, I haven't had the opportunity to be around dogs. I liked my cats but sometimes, you just want a big companion.

He unlocked the door and next thing I saw was him getting licked to death by two dogs with furiously wagging tails.

"Hi girls .... Down Bubbles. Down girl. Sit. Down Peaches" he said after some seconds of standing in the doorway with the bags in his hands. I walked in behind him and closed the door as he dropped the bags and bent to pat his Shiba Inu. That must be Peaches I thought as her tail wagged in satisfaction of being scratched.

He then took out some cans of dog food and they followed him through a door, leaving me to myself.

I dropped the laptop bag and the rest on the table and looked around the place. It was not what I expected. I thought he'd live in a huge house like his friends Keith and Danica.

I picked up the pictureframe on the sideboard. It was a picture of Leo and a man and a woman who I assumed were his parents. He looked a bit older than Amari and they were all smiling in the picture. Cute. I dropped it and picked up the next frame which I figured was taken on his Graduation Ceremony because of the gown. With him in the picture were his mum and a completely different person.

I picked up the first picture and looked at it again and that was where he found me.

"Those are my parents." he supplied as he turned on the TV. "My mum's the one you've been helping me send flowers to for the past few years you've been working with me. She loves flowers." Mystery solved!!

"And your dad? You're like a photocopy of your dad even though there's a slight resemblance to your mum too."

"My dad's late." he said as he came to stand beside me. He picked up the other frame. "This is Ian, my mum's boyfrie...no husband." He facepalmed with a chuckle. "I need to stop making that mistake. Ian's my mum's husband now."

"He came to your graduation ceremony?"

"Yep. They've been together for years now even though they just got married. He's a good guy, so I have no problem with him." he replied with a shrug briefs leaning in to kiss me, which I gratefully accepted and returned. When he broke it, he pulled me to the couch and we sat down. The TV provided background noise. I checked the time and it was after 7pm.

"Would you like anything?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No... Can we not have this conversation?" I asked, chickening out as I looked around the room and wriggled my fingers.