Incheon Beach

"Come on! I wanna take pictures! Hurry up, Y/N!" Your best friend shouted as she rushed toward the soft sand of the beach with her camera bag strapped across her shoulder.

"The water isn't going anywhere, calm down." You said back to her as you walked along at your own pace.

You had just gotten off a sixteen hour flight, put your stuff down in your hotel room, and instantly your friend was dragging you off to the beach. The jet-lag was hitting hard, and you had wanted to relax for a few minutes before being dragged all across the city. But you couldn't deny that you were excited to see the unfamiliar country. Not to mention, a huge part of you loved the beach. So you and Nova put your exhaustion on the back burner and high tailed it to Incheon Beach.

Stopping just on the edge of the shore line, you stood and took it all in. After over a year of saving and a ridiculous amount of planning, you had finally made it to Korea.

The beach was a bit empty since it was still a bit too cool outside to be swimming, but not so cold that you couldn't enjoy the sun warming your skin, just enough that you didn't need a jacket. A few kids idly ran around playing in the sand, building castles and playing tag. People walked by gaining a little exercise in their daily lives. Things seemed so peaceful here, so beautiful. Maybe it was just the new country you had never been to before that was making you see everything through rose colored glasses, but in that moment you didn't care.

Your eyes drifted over the beach to spot your friend - camera in hand - on her knees just in front of the water taking pictures. You glanced out at the tide rolling in, silently hoping a wave would come and splash her because of the humor in it but it was only a joking thought. You started to make your way over to her, wondering what she was staring at through the viewfinder of her camera. You had only taken a few steps before ---

"Hey, watch out!" A deep voice boomed, causing you to jump slightly in surprise and turn your head quickly to see a man in white shorts, a soft blue striped shirt, and slip-on shoes running toward you in almost a crouch.

You had been learning Korean for this trip, and though you weren't completely fluent, you had hoped to test your skills on some locals. But as fate would have it, the tan giant nearing you seemed to speak impeccable English. Quickly, you took a step back as to not collide with the stranger rushing in your direction, but you looked down to see what it was he was after. You spotted a small brown spec in the sand but before you could clearly see what it was, the man scooped it up in his hand and quickly brought it to his chest. You just stood there in slightly irritated confusion as the man stood up finally, peaking into his clasped hands.

"There, there. I've got you." He whispered softly as he slowly opened his hands to reveal a tiny creature crawling in his palms.

"You almost ran me over for a crab?" You questioned with a faint attitude to your tone of voice, not bothering to remember how big people were on respect in this country. You should probably apologize, but from the looks of him, he couldn't be much older than you were and clearly manners seemed to escape him.

The man raised his head in surprise, remembering that you existed and realizing what he had done but also noting that you weren't a local. "Ah!" He gasped, his cheeks flushing slightly as his eyes widened. Before you could get a clear look at his face, however, he quickly lowered his head in a bit of a bow. "I'm sorry." With his head already lowered, he looked back to the tiny critter as he situated his palms so that the crab would continue to crawl on him. "I was just trying to save this little guy." He explained, raising his arms a bit for you to see the small brown crab in the palm of his hand.

You leaned up and looked into his hands, seeing the creature scurry across his lightly tanned skin. Your eyes drifted up to him to see the rather cute expression plastered on the face of such a tall man. Taking advantage of his distracted state, you finally snuck a glance at him.

He was unbelievably handsome, with flawless skin and the deepest brown eyes. As he smiled at his new shelled friend, two dimples graced his cheeks and it was obvious that he was a lady killer. He looked like a child with a new toy; it was adorable to say the very least. It was superficial to think, but the man was absolutely beautiful, and you were taken aback. You cleared your throat and silently thanked the crab for making sure your staring went unnoticed.

"Oh. My bad. Didn't even see it." You replied, your poor form of an apology for copping an attitude with him. But, at least you didn't have to worry about trying to translate that into Korean since the man clearly spoke English, so well you were surprised by it.

You raised your hand up carefully, bringing it to his own clasped palms as you extended a finger toward the creature and tapped it softly on it's shell. "It's cute." You commented before pulling your hand back.

The man seemed surprised that you were so willing to touch the crab, and you guessed it was because most women were probably terrified of them. "It is pretty!" He said with another wide, child-like smile as he looked to you.

"I'm Y/N." You said, deciding to introduce yourself.

"Namjoon." He said in reply with another shy bow of his head.