Unexpected Message

You arrived back at your hotel that night, finally getting a moment alone with your best friend after the madness of the past few days.

You wanted to ask her what had been happening between her and Hoseok, since you were still shocked by this morning.

However, as soon as you got into the room, she quickly dashed into the bathroom saying she really wanted to soak in the tub for a while. You let her go, deciding to just talk to her in the morning. You felt like catching up on some sleep and you knew that when she took baths, she was in there for ages. You could tell that she was avoiding your interrogation, but you were too tired to care at this point. She couldn't hide from you forever.

Changing into something more comfortable, you rolled into your bed and bundled yourself up. Glancing at your phone one more time, you peeked at the picture you had taken of Namjoon that second day you met for dinner. You grinned at the screen as you memorized his smiling face, and when you blinked, you could see it behind your eyelids.

You set your phone down on the pillow beside you, flipping it screen down as you drifted off to sleep with the sound of rushing water softly lulling you deeper in the background. Before you knew it, you were out like a light.

You didn't wake up till late the next morning, the alarm clock on the night stand displayed that it was nearly noon. But it had felt like you hadn't slept in days, and you felt so much better after catching up on some much needed rest. Rolling over, you looked at the bed across from you to see that Nova was already awake. Still under her blankets, she had her phone in her hand and was smiling at something she was looking at on the screen.

"How are you so cheerful this early in the morning?" You rolled your eyes with a groan.

She smiled wider and turned her phone to show you the screen. It appeared that she had gotten a selfie from Hoseok.

You shook your head with a smirk before burying your face in your pillow and starting to fumble around blindly for your own phone

Finding it lost in the sheets, you grabbed the phone and unlocked the screen to see a message on the screen from 'Jiminie~'. What? Jimin? You never got or saved his number.

Opening the message you read it.

I found your phone in the bathroom yesterday and saved my number in your phone for you. You're welcome. - Jiminie

Well, isn't he cocky, and kinda funny.

Thank you? Haha.

It only took a moment before you got a response.

He sent you a short video of himself smiling. From the looks of it, he was at an event. You snickered at his cute face.

You're welcome~ - Jiminie

Looking at the video once more, you noticed Namjoon in the background, and he looked just as adorable. Damn these boys and their perfection. Smiling, you set your phone off to the side and got up to go take a quick morning shower before your activities for the day. You had no idea what if anything had been planned, but the past half of the week had been consumed by the boys and it almost seemed to lack luster without their madness.

You were out and dressed within an hour, and it seemed that Nova had finally gotten up to do the same. Now sitting on the edge of her bed, she was exactly where you had just left her, except she was wearing different clothes now. Was she still texting Hoseok?

Walking over, you snagged her phone from her hands and set it down beside you as you took a seat beside her.

"So, you want to tell me what happened yesterday?" You tilted your head at her.

"What do you mean?" She looked the other way, trying to play dumb.

"Don't try and pull that with me. What's going on with you two?" You questioned.

"What? You want a play-by-play?" She asked with a laugh.

You thought about it for a moment and decided you probably didn't. "Fine." You said, giving up on the exact details.

Nova leaned over you to snatch her phone again as she heard it buzz and quickly looked at the message.

"You really like Hoseok, huh?" You looked at the cheesy grin on her face.

She smiled a bit wider. "Yeah, maybe." She bit her lip as her fingers tapped away on the screen. 

Turning her phone off, she switched her attention to you. "What about you? You and Namjoon." She wiggled her eyebrows and made obnoxious kissing noises with her lips.

"What about us?" You stared down at your hands and picked at the skin on one of your fingers.

"You like him don't you?" She smiled as she stared at you as if she already knew the answer.

"I...I like him a lot, Nova." You blatantly admitted it. There was no point in trying to fool her or yourself, it would only be an insult to Namjoon. You had been spending quite a bit of time with him and when you were away from each other, he was constantly on your mind. You looked at your phone, sighing as it had been pretty quiet all morning. You wondered what he was doing, and if he was thinking about you, too.

There was a soft silence that fell over the two of you for a moment before Nova jumped up and wandered over to the sliding glass doors to peek outside.

"Almost makes me sad that we'll be leaving in almost a week." She sighed as she looked out at the buildings and people below.

"Yeah, I know the feeling." You laid back on the bed with a huff, spreading your arms out on either side of your body.

"Too soon to say that we should get a place out here?" Nova joked with a laugh before turning around and taking a seat on the desk chair in the room.

"Maybe a bit." You laughed, but you couldn't help but explore the possibilities. Neither of you really had any ties to the States, since Nova didn't talk to her family anymore and all you had was your mother who, let's face it, would be just fine without you. You could both easily transfer through your jobs, she was a freelance photographer who was talented enough that any agency would want her. And you didn't usually have much trouble finding work. 

You covered your eyes with an arm, what in the hell were you doing? Why were you actually considering moving here after less than a week? This place, these people, they were getting to you.

"So, I'm curious. Where did Namjoon take you after the award ceremony?" Nova asked, leaning toward the arm of the chair as she propped her head up with her hand.

"We got something to eat then went for a walk, then got caught up in the rain before heading back to his place." You recounted for her, going into small detail about the restaurant, the amusement park you wanted to go to, and the gazebo. You told her about Namjoon's reaction to seeing you in his pajamas which made her laugh. "Now your turn. Where did YOU go after you left the award ceremony?" You questioned with a cocked brow.

"Well, we all went out to eat, hung around for a while before the other boys headed back to the dorm. Hoseok and I decided to go get coffee, that's when I sent you that picture." She explained. "We stayed out for a while talking before...heading back to his place because of the rain." She bit her lip and trailed her gaze away.

"Jesus, I still can't believe you did THAT." You said with a laugh as you shook your head.

"Did what?" She raised her brow in confusion, looking back at you.

"You know what." You glared at her. Feeling like your best friend of all people was lying to you, your hands clenched the sheets on her bed. She never kept the truth from you, it was so insulting to your intelligence.

Her phone dinged and she reached for it, "Saved by the bell!"