Off to the Arcade

Dressed and refreshed, you climbed into Namjoon's car. This one was different from the one he drove last night. You didn't know cars so you had no idea what kind it was, but the seats were made of an off-white leather and there was a large screen taking up the dash in front of you between the seats.

It still had that new car smell, and as with all things Namjoon related, it was spick and span. You ran your hand over the dash, "This is nice. But you don't need fancy cars to impress me." He simply smirked back at you, pushing a button to start the car.

You hadn't seen your friend before you left, so you didn't know if she was still there or had already left with Hoseok.

The car began to move, and you realized that you had no idea where you were headed, but you weren't worried. Anywhere with Namjoon promised to be entertaining.

You decided to fill the silence and feed your curiosity. It may not have been the best time, but your talk from earlier was beginning to eat at you.

"So...what was it you and Jimin fought about? If you don't mind me asking." You questioned hesitantly, folding your hands in your lap as you sat in the passenger seat.

Namjoon took a breath, seeming to debate if he wanted to talk about it or not. "He got a bit upset that I had brought you over to stay the night..." he trailed off, looking at you before returning his eyes to the road.

"Really? Why?" You instantly felt awful, you were the cause of their fight. You could understand why Jimin would be upset, though, especially if he thought that Nova had been there because of you, resulting in the loss of his bed.

Or perhaps the strange looks he had been giving you was because he didn't like you, the thought made you sad.

"He said I should have had "more respect" for you and taken you back to your hotel." Namjoon huffed, rolling his eyes as he didn't seem to understand why it seemed disrespectful to Jimin. Your eyes widened as it dawned on you, Jimin thought Namjoon had brought you there to sleep with you.

"But it was really late. Plus, you gave me a choice. I'm the one who accepted." You set your hand on his leg, siding with Namjoon.

"I tried to tell him that. Maybe he thinks I pressured you into it." Namjoon shrugged as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Is he also upset with Hoseok?" You asked, given Hoseok also brought Nova back to the dorm. Even if he didn't think she had come with Hoseok, he knew that she stayed with him last night and they actually had slept together.

"It doesn't seem like it. That's what I don't understand." His brows furrowed as he scratched his head. "Why would he be so angry about you when he wasn't upset at all abo-" He didn't finish his question, instead his face went blank again. You looked at him in confusion, thinking you must have missed something. His hands tightened on the wheel but he remained silent.

"Weird." You shook your head, scrunching your brows. "Well, I'm sure he will get over it. Maybe he just needs some time to calm down. You both do." You suggested lightly.

"Yeah, maybe." Namjoon agreed after a pause, taking a deep breath.

Maybe you shouldn't have asked, because now he was upset and the tension had visibly returned to his body. Quickly, you attempted to change the subject again.

"So, where are we headed?" Namjoon drove somewhat too fast, you noticed the speedometer read 90 mph and had just seen a speed limit sign that said 65. 

"You'll see." He said, finally cracking a smile again and slowing down.

"You've got a kink for surprises, don't you?" You questioned sarcastically.