Red Red Wine

The main course came, saving you from more of what you knew would be Jimin's flirty, playful arrogance. "That looks good!" you both exclaimed at the same time after eyeing each other's food. You laughed softly and went to spoon some of your noodles onto the small side plate in front of Jimin. Before you could drop it onto the porcelain, however, his fingers wrapped gently around your wrist and raised it so that he could wrap his lips around your spoon. 

Never once breaking the gaze he held you with, he pulled away and chewed, licking the sauce from his lips and smiling. He gave you a thumbs up to show that he liked it and you shook your head. Using his chopsticks, he slipped a piece of beef off its wooden skewer and held it in front of your lips. You eyed him as if asking if he was insane.

He leaned closer to you, "It's the least I could do after you fed me so nicely, and without me even having to ask." 

You narrowed your eyes and snatched the meat away with your teeth. You chewed the tender beef and hummed. It was so good. The two of you turned to your own meals then and you shoveled a generous spoonful of noodles into your mouth. You closed your eyes and moaned, not regretting your choice whatsoever. Jimin coughed, taking your attention from your scrumptious dish.

"Please, for the love of god, don't make that sound when we're out in public again. That could get you into trouble." His eyes were wide and one hand was gripping the table, the other in a fist over his mouth as if he was straining to maintain control of himself. 

"Hush and eat your food."

"Yes ma'am." You gulped and went back to your food, not daring to look at him again until you were finished.

You pushed your empty bowl to the edge of the table as you grabbed a hold of your recently refilled glass of wine. It was unclear how many the two of you had had at this point, the wine just continued to pour and you could feel a faint haze clouding in your mind. You had a nice buzz at this point. Not enough to turn you into a blubbering fool, but enough to make your skin warm and tingly. You kept biting your lip without meaning to, but now you no longer cared when Jimin stared.

The two of you remained in your seats despite the food having been long gone, but no one seemed to mind. The angled couch you rested on now seemed more comfortable than when you had arrived. You leaned further into your seat and the plush leather kissed your heated skin. You had shrugged off your shawl at some point and it was now on top of your clutch next to you. Your shoulders were bare, exposing the beautiful teal dress you were wearing.

Jimin slipped his phone from his suit pocket upon hearing it ding and brought it up to check the message quickly, a deep rumble leaving his chest as he laughed causing your curiosity to peak. You tilted your head to the side in question.

"Jungkook sent me a video." He said, glancing up from his phone to your questioning face. "Here." He followed up as he slipped from his single chair and moved around the table, sliding himself into the couch area with you and letting his body glide against the cushion as he moved to sit beside you.

He held his phone in his hand sideways and hit play as he showed you a video of Jungkook and Taehyung dancing wildly in their dorm room to some silly song. One of them was wearing a lampshade on his head while the other was beating two pillows together like unsupervised children let on the loose.

You raised a hand to cover your lips as you laughed. "Geez, are they always this energetic?" You asked as your laugh got louder.

"Oh, you have no idea." Jimin said with a laugh of his own as he dug deeper into his phone and began to pull up more videos that he'd collected over the years with the other boys.

Video after silly video played causing you to lose air as you laughed out loud. You could feel Jimin's eyes on your face, gaging your reactions now and then and smiling every time a giggle escaped your lips. Leaning your bare shoulder against Jimin's arm, you tilted your head, nearly resting on his frame as you looked at his screen in enjoyment.

The closeness between your bodies seemed to go unnoticed, or at the very least, neither of you were bothered. The wine was allowing your nerves to ease and your worries to float away a little more easily.

You sat there for a while, just watching videos, before noticing the lights in the restaurant beginning to grow dimmer and the place had fallen rather silent. You raised your head, pulling it away from Jimin's shoulder to take a look around, noting that the two of you were now the only ones left in the restaurant excluding the staff.

"We should probably leave..." You said, turning your head towards Jimin. "The staff is probably hating us, they can't close until we get out." You whispered with a laugh as you pulled your glass of wine closer and finished off the very last bit for the night.

"Yeah, you're right." Jimin agreed as he turned the screen of his phone off and slipped it into his pocket. "My phone's almost dead anyway." He added with a breathy laugh.

You turned to gather your clutch purse as Jimin slipped out of the booth and waited for you to the do the same. You followed suit and slid yourself from the couch and moved to stand.

Having been seated so long, you had forgotten you were wearing heels. As soon as you stood, you stumbled slightly, feeling the faint sway caused by the wine as well as the unexpected toss off your balance.

Jimin instantly reached out and wrapped his arm around your waist to keep you stable. "Careful, gorgeous." He said with a smile. "Are you okay?" He asked, his lips near your ear. He was so close you could feel his warm breath breeze over your already hot skin.

"Yeah. Yeah." You nodded, tightening your lips in attempts to smother the smile threatening to spread across your lightly stained lips. "Just lost my balance for a second, I'm okay." You insisted as you turned your head to meet his gaze, but didn't dare turn fully as you knew your faces would be far too close together. You had to admit to yourself that you didn't trust your own behavior where Jimin and liquor were thrown into the game.

Jimin held you there for just a moment longer, but it felt like an eternity, as if time had frozen as soon as his strong arm had wrapped around the small of your back. The curl of his fingers brushed against the silk dress at your side in such a way that it made your insides churn.

You involuntarily recalled how those fingers had felt tangled in your hair as he'd kissed you under the stars. You licked your lips and in your direct line of sight, Jimin's mouth quirked up in amusement. He'd caught you staring, but could he tell what you were thinking? Could he hear the pounding drum of your heart as it beat erratically in your chest? You blinked and looked down, the wine had hit you harder than you had realized.

He released you, letting his arm reluctantly slip from around you and move instead down to your side where your hand rested. The pads of his fingers pressed lightly into your palm, as if requesting access. Your eyes glanced down at his hand. His cool fingers spread yours, stretching out across your palm slowly before lacing between your own. He wrapped his hand around yours and lightly squeezed. You didn't pull away.

"Come with me. There's something else I want you to see." His deep voice rang out in such a soft tone. He began to guide you toward the door with your hand in his and you followed after as you were led to the elevator.

The sounds of your heels clicking against the marble floor offered you the faintest distraction from your beating heart that was now racing a bit quicker thanks to the man holding your hand.

You entered the elevator and the electric doors shut slowly. You took one last look out the windows of the restaurant, seeing the vast expanse of Seoul spread out before your eyes and shining a soft gold with all the lights that illuminated the city.

You embedded the image into your mind, trying to ensure that the memory of it would not ever fade. A breath entered your lungs just as the doors closed.