Dumbfounded Dorm

Thankfully, it wasn't a long drive from where you were to Namjoon's place. By 5:30 a.m., you were rolling up to the luxurious apartment complex where Namjoon shared a dorm style apartment with his six other group members. Your jaw fell open slightly as you took in the massive building looming in front of you. The foggy darkness kept you from seeing the very top but that only confirmed how tall it was.

The lobby on the first floor made you squint your eyes, its white color scheme blinding you temporarily. You adjusted and ran your fingers over the white leather couches in the waiting area. Glass tables with a single purple orchard in a crystal vase were placed in the middle of each grouping of couches, and the marble floor had clearly just been freshly waxed.

Two elegant ebony haired women stood behind a tall counter, waiting to welcome you and Namjoon as you entered. Despite the cold feel of the room, they smiled at you warmly and Namjoon gave them a wave. They both looked a little surprised to see him with company but out of politeness, they covered it in the blink of an eye.

Namjoon pressed the button to call the elevator and you stepped inside when the metal doors slid open. Fatigue has started to set in, and as you waited to reach his floor, you leaned against Namjoon's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around you and supported your weight.

You both remained as quiet as possible as you approached the door, not wanting to disturb anyone who may still be asleep. He unlocked it and let you inside. You were greeted by a spacious and well decorated living room.

This place looked more expensive than any house you've likely ever owned. Pride swelled in your heart as you remembered being told about where they came from and the harsh environments they had been forced to live in.

Namjoon seemed to see the surprised expression on your face and chuckled. "This place is new. Trust me, I wouldn't even be able to bring you to where we were living before this." He said in a whisper.

"My room is this way." Namjoon said, pointing down the hall as he started ahead of you to lead the way. You ran a hand through your hair, trying to maintain your cool, you were going to see his room. You couldn't help but feel nervous.

For the most part, the dorm was quiet, it seemed like everyone had already gone to sleep. As you passed by the closed doors, you remained as silent as possible. All of the black doors were identical, making you wonder which room held which boy. You took your mind off of where Namjoon was taking you by trying to guess.

You passed a couple of frosted glass doors along the way, placards next to them displaying that they were studios and offices belonging to each of the members. You pictured Namjoon in there, a pen in his mouth as he fiddled with editing software. The image brought a smile to your face.

Passing by one of the last doors on the left, you heard some thuds from within, and cocked a brow. You must be imagining things, because you thought you also heard a few groans. It sounded like someone was either having an amazing dream or a terrible nightmare.

It seemed Namjoon heard it too, and he turned his head to look at you, his eyes flashing in amusement, "Jimin and Hoseok share a room. They may be awake and goofing off in there." He shrugged before reaching his door and opening it for you.

You stepped inside of his room and explored it with your eyes, seeing a collection of figurines placed neatly on glass shelves along one wall. The wall next to it was lined entirely with wooden shelves that housed hundreds of books. How did he find time to read with his schedule? It was well kept, minimalist, but had an inviting feel to it.

The wall above his bed was blank, save for a black and white canvas painting of the moon that stretched from the top of his headboard to the ceiling. There was a door near his large king sized bed that you assumed led to a bathroom. To your right was a small desk that held a laptop and microphone, a strewn about stack of papers the messiest park of the room.