Drifting Mind

You spent the better part of that day and the next traveling around the country with Nova. The landscapes you saw were to die for, guess it was a good thing you brought her along. It helped your mind focus on things other than the other night. With all the events and chaos of the past week, you had almost forgotten how it felt to just spend time with your best friend. You spent two days getting lost in Seoul, marveling in its culture and people.

Namjoon still texted you in between his activities, making sure you knew he was thinking about you, which ended up putting a smile on your face each time you saw his messages. He also served as your long distance tour guide of sorts. You would tell him about the places you were on your way to and he would suggest things to do there or along the way and what kinds of things you should avoid or weren't allowed to do. It ended up saving you in more than one instance.

Jimin hadn't contacted you since that night. Your fingers constantly hovered over his name in your phone, wondering if you should try texting or calling him, if only to see if he was okay. It was probably stupid, but still you felt a pang of guilt about what must be going through his head.

In one of his messages, Namjoon had sent you a picture of himself at dance practice and you could see Jimin in the background. He looked to be engrossing himself in his work so that he didn't have to stop and think. Or maybe you were just over analyzing it like you did with everything else.

Nova had noticed the sullen expression on your face as it started to drop and she quickly gave you a light slap on the back. You jumped, snapping out of it as your phone fell to the table in front of you. The two of you had stopped at a small, hole in the wall bakery that a local shoe maker had recommended to you. It sat on a pier overlooking the same beach in which you had met Namjoon, where it had all began.

Picnic benches lined the dock and you and Nova had decided to come outside to enjoy the gorgeous weather. "Hey! Earth to Y/N. Stop thinking and just enjoy the view!" She demanded, pointing off in the distance to a beautifully structured building just across the water.

Your expression lightened up significantly as you took a deep breath and Nova smiled to see the happiness return to your face.

"Look, I know you're still thinking about that whole love triangle thing. But, let's not forget. We came to Korea for adventure. Even though meeting those boys has been a huge adventure on its own, it doesn't have to be our whole story here. Okay?" She said softly, trying to offer words of encouragement. She put a hand on your arm and your mouth pulled up on one side.

"You're right." You agreed with a nod. "Come on. Let's go get some actual food." You gestured down the way to a small traditional cafe you could see on the corner of the small road leading away from the beach.

You both headed to the cafe for a bite. You began to reminisce with Nova about things you had done together in the past, trips you had taken that hadn't even barely compared to this one. You brainstormed ideas of more places to visit in Korea if you got the chance. Your worries had melted away for the most part after a while. At least, until you heard your phone buzz.

Glancing at it, to see if it was another message from Namjoon, you spotted a different name.

Jimin.

Your heart stopped before pounding in your chest. You opened it up to see what he had to say.

Hey. Do you think we could meet tomorrow to talk? - Jiminie

You released a deep sigh. Your fingers shook slightly as you tried to think of an appropriate response. After all that had gone down the other night, you decided that you would need to tread carefully from now on. It sucked, but you should probably watch what you said and did around him so as not to spark any confusion.

"Hey, no. What's wrong now?" Nova asked, seeing you look at your phone with a worried expression.

"Jimin just messaged me asking if we could meet tomorrow." You explained, staring at the message in question, still figuring out how you were supposed to respond.

"Tell him you're busy." Nova said with a shrug.

You grimaced at the message before deciding to just go with that.

I'm sorry. I've got plans.

It wasn't a lie, Namjoon had asked you if you wanted to see a movie with him. But you couldn't deny that a part of you wanted to meet the other boy to hear what it was he needed to talk to you about. Soon enough, another message came in.

With your friend? - Jiminie

No.. Namjoon. You sent back.

There was no immediate response back this time and you breathed before setting your phone down. You felt a little guilty about rejecting him, but at the same time, you had missed Namjoon immensely and any time you got with him, you would take. Besides, now that Jimin had said...what he said, it may be for the best that you didn't meet with him alone. You weren't officially dating Namjoon, but you didn't want Jimin to get the wrong idea. You raised your hands and slapped your cheeks to try and not think about the situation.

"So, what do you and Hoseok have planned for tomorrow?" You decided to ask Nova to change the subject. The mention of his name brought a light blush to her cheeks.

"No idea. He just told me he would come get me in the afternoon." She replied with a shrug. "Seems Namjoon already told him he planned to take you somewhere so he just offered to come get me himself." She explained with a faint smile that she was trying to hide before looking up at you. "Where are you and Namjoon going to go?" She questioned, lightly nibbling at her meal.

"The movies I think." You said, going off the text he had sent you the other day. "He didn't offer many details beyond that." You added, though even you couldn't help but smile lightly at the idea of seeing him again despite the conversation you may end up having.

"Sounds fun. I wonder what Korean theaters are like." She said with a bit of excitement of her own. "Just...try and enjoy yourself, okay?" She said, looking at you deeply, willing you to see the seriousness in her soft tone.

"Yeah, yeah I will." You said dismissively, signaling you didn't want to talk or think about it anymore right now and tried to just go back to normal.