The Chase

After finding a few more crabs and an assortment of shells, all you could see was sand, even when you looked up and away from it. You had been staring at it for so long, your eyes were dry and your vision blurry. You now lay on the ground a few feet from the waves, your arms draped over your forehead to shield you from the sun. Namjoon was lying next to you, his arms tucked under his head, in utter bliss. You would be content spending forever in this spot, here, with him.

You heard him shift, and when you opened one eye to see him leaning up on one arm and staring at you. "What now?" He asked.

"This was YOUR idea." You pointed out with a laugh.

"Well, yes. But is there something in particular you'd like to do while we're here? I'm pretty sure searching for crabs was more for my own enjoyment than yours."

"Who said I don't like searching for little crabs?" You sat up and dusted the sand off of your back. He followed suit and leaned forward, reaching under your knees and pulling you to sit with your legs on either side of his hips. Your breath left you in a rush as his hands made their way to your backside, effectively closing any distance your body had from his. His height completely hulked yours, so his face was perfectly level with yours, and so close. Too close.

Gods, he was so good at making the rest of the world fall away. Your noses touched, but you still had an inch or so of space, giving you a chance to see that he was staring at your lips. It made your head swim.

"Do you?" His breath fanned your face, and you could almost taste the spearmint gum he had been chewing on the drive here. Just a little bit closer. . . Wait, he had just said words. Right? You inhaled deeply as he tilted his head a fraction and caressed your lips with his. "Answer me." His whispered demand cut through the fog in your conscious.

You blinked. "I...um, what?" He chuckled, the sound coming from somewhere low in his chest, you could feel it shake you. You were trying so hard to pay attention, really you were. But the devil underneath you was trying harder.

"I said," he took your lower lip between his teeth and skimmed it with his tongue, "do you like it?"

He could have asked you if you liked drinking insecticide on weekends and you would have said yes. "So much." You couldn't help yourself, he had broken you - in the best ways. You grabbed two greedy fistfuls of his hair and finished what he had so cruelly started. You were all tongues and teeth and shaky breaths and everything else disappeared.

From his cross-legged sitting position, Namjoon squeezed your bottom and pulled you even closer, and you could feel him hard underneath you. Your muddled brain was getting cloudier by the minute, and you plunged deeper into oblivion with every stroke of his tongue against yours. You had to stop this before you couldn't. Leaning back on your haunches, you dug your feet into the sand and used as much force as possible to push Namjoon down.

You hovered over him, your hair shading his face like a wall on either side. Your hands had moved to rest on his upper arms and you reluctantly - and with no small amount of difficulty - pulled yourself up and away from his tantalizing mouth. You knew you needed to catch your breath, but you needed him to be thrown off even more.

Before he could react, you pushed yourself into a standing position and started to back away from him slowly. He looked at you quizzically, but made no move to follow. Upon seeing the smirk that had wormed its way onto your face, his eyes narrowed. "What are you. . ." But you were already running. "Hey! Wait! Why, you little!" He growled and you didn't have to look back to know that he was already coming after you.

You took off, ignorantly refusing to pace yourself as you tried to put as much space between the two of you as possible. If you looked behind you, it would slow you down. You wanted to see how much slack he had already picked up with those long legs of his, but you decided instead to let the fear of him suddenly pouncing on you at any given second propel you forward.