Walk With Me

You eyed the contents of Namjoon's trunk suspiciously. You wouldn't really call yourself a distrustful person per say, but what man who isn't a player has women's clothing in his car? "Um, care to explain?" You folded your arms over your chest and side eyed him.

"Explain?" He bent to retrieve the bundle and looked up at you in confusion. "I told you that I planned out the day, did I not? If I knew we would be coming to the beach, wouldn't the smart thing to do be to bring a change of clothing just in case?" He raised his brow at you now, and you felt foolish. Right. He had anticipated what you would need, of course he had. You rubbed your arm sheepishly and looked down in embarrassment. You felt gentle hands turn you to face him and a finger tilt your chin up. "You don't trust easy, do you?"

You sighed and shook your head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply..."

He gave you an easy smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Look, I called Nova last night to get your sizes right. I'm nothing if not thorough and I wanted today to be perfect. I'm not someone who would put your faith in me to the test," a slight pause made you look him in the eyes, "or have I not earned it after everything?"

Damn, now you felt like a fool and a jerk. If anyone needed to earn trust, it was you. "You have, of course you have. I'm so sorry, Namjoon. It's just that when something in my life feels like it's too good to be true, it usually is."

He brushed a strand of hair behind your ear. "Not this time."

* * *

"When I was five, I dreamt about becoming an apartment complex security guard." Namjoon admitted with a laugh as the two of you walked side by side along the trail. You had both changed into dry clothes and you had been pleasantly surprised by his fashion choices. He had picked for you some white washed denim shorts, a teal babydoll tee, and a pair of Toms. He looked like a model in a pair of cargo shorts, a plain white tank top, and a colorful over shirt. If anyone could make simple look sexy, it was this man.

"Really? You guffawed in disbelief and the picture of him in a security guard uniform complete with a badge and utility belt came to mind. Hm, that definitely would not upset you. In fact. . .

"What? It's a reasonable job." Namjoon argued, defending himself.

"I mean yeah, it's just... not something normal five year olds dream about becoming." You said, raising a hand to press it against your lips as you snickered. "Police officer or army man, sure, but an officer of group living is oddly specific, don't you think?"

"Well, maybe I'm not normal." Namjoon shrugged slightly with his large hands stuffed into his pockets.

"There is no 'maybe' about that." You playfully nudged his arm with your shoulder. "Plus, I'd say that's a good thing. 'Normal' people lack a sense of imagination and ambition. And those are things you clearly have an abundance of. I mean, the music you write and how far you've come with it...there's no way you could have done all that doing what most people would consider normal." Out of the corner of your eye, you could see him looking at you, an unreadable expression on his handsome face.

"I guess you have a point." He took your hand then, his calloused palm warm in yours. "What about you? You have never really told me what your goal in life is." Up until now, he had answered all of your questions without hesitation. He was even forthcoming with information you hadn't asked for. To be honest, you had done absolutely nothing to deserve any of it. Someone of his status and fame should be more wary of giving out anything personal about themselves, but he'd let you in from the beginning so effortlessly. And he was right, you coveted your trust like it was the last golden ticket and everyone was trying to pay you for it. But you found yourself wanting to tell him everything. The strange part? You weren't even scared.