Painted Sunset

The rest of the meal was finished mostly in silence and stolen glances here and there. It was clear that both of your minds were still reeling from the weighted conversation that had just taken place. But the heaviness in the atmosphere dissipated when Namjoon reached out and ran his fingers over your knuckles. Too full to eat another bite, you rubbed your stomach and leaned back in your chair. You looked up to find Namjoon staring out the window. You'd give anything to take a peak inside that glorious mind of his. You opened your mouth to speak, but his voice broke the silence before yours could.

"Let's get out of here." He pushed his chair back in as he stood and you took his offered hand, following him out of the restaurant.

The rain had stopped, but that misty scent still lingered on the cool calming breeze that blew against your skin, causing you to shiver slightly.

The afternoon had snuck up on you and the sun had already started to set over the horizon. Above you, the sky had exploded in beautiful pastels in pink, purple, and orange that brushed against the sky like a Claude Monet painting.

"So, what now?" You watched your feet hit the pavement one after the other. Water splashed your ankles as you disturbed the small puddles on the ground.

"Come on." He slipped his hand into yours, intertwining your fingers.

"If you start running suddenly as pay back, I swear-" You let your threat carry in the wind. You were half joking, half hoping you wouldn't have to strain your tired legs. He chuckled and you side eyed him suspiciously.

But he didn't run. He led you back to the beach, that frustratingly unreadable expression on his face again as you came to a stop where the water ended. With a sigh, you looked up.

Your eyes took in every color and every swirling cloud, attempting to etch them into your memory. But the warmth of your hand in his brought you back to reality. You hadn't really decided what you were going to do after tomorrow. The scenarios and theoreticals were still hanging in the air, waiting to be picked.

Ripping your eyes from the sky, you turned your head to look up at Namjoon. Your brows frowned in slight worry. He still hadn't said anything. "Namjoon..." You called out softly, preparing yourself mentally for the talk you knew you two were going to have.

But before you could follow your words up with anymore Namjoon turned to you with amazing speed. His free hand shot up, his palm cupping the side of your face as he leaned down and silenced you with his lips before you could say a single word.

It caught you off guard, but you returned his fervor without hesitation. His tongue sought permission that you granted immediately. There was an urgency in the way he kissed you, almost as if he were beseeching you, but to do what?

He pulled back after a moment, your lips immediately missing his touch. Your eyes fluttered open and he pressed his forehead against yours.

"What was that for?" You whispered, flushed.

"My reward." He answered back, keeping his voice just as low. You couldn't help but wonder if he was trying to pospone your discussion, that maybe he was afraid you were going to say something he didn't want to hear.

You had already forgotten about the fact that he had 'won' the little contest earlier and never claimed his winnings. Sneaky, clever man.

"You couldn't have thought about anything better that you'd want?" You rolled your eyes with a grin.

"Only one thing." Namjoon answered immediately.

"And what would it have been?" You raised your brow, steeling yourself for a lewd comment.