Just Four Days

Despite how you may or may not have felt in that moment, you refused to let the situation escalate any further that night.

You had returned his kiss, which was enough to surprise the both of you. But once you had unpeeled yourself from each other, you suggested that he leave for the night so that you could get some rest, sure as hell not admitting that your body was still sore from your time with Namjoon earlier in the night.

He nodded in understanding and without a fight, he said goodbye and left. The room felt empty now that he was gone. After the chaos of today, you were partly relieved to have a moment to yourself to gather your wits. 

You sent Nova a message letting her know you had her key, but you never got a response. She was probably still busy, though you had parted hours ago.

You took a relaxing shower, letting the jets in the tub massage your muscles and the hot water soothe your senses. You knew you should be thinking everything through, but your mind and heart had had enough for the night. You deserved a break. 

You got out of the tub and toweled your body dry, too tired to put on clothes as you slipped your arms into the sleeves of your robe. You put your hair up into a messy bun before laying down in your bed as you waited for Nova to come back. You tried to stay up for her, but you swiftly fell asleep due to your immense exhaustion. 

You covered your ears as a gaggle of screaming preteens tried to trample you into the dust. You had been at this concert for an hour and had almost died twice already. You shoved your body away from the hellion horde to save your sanity. 

Namjoon and the other six men were dancing around the stage and singing their hearts out. The song they were singing was a soft one, the words telling the story of their early days and the struggles they went through. They had gone through so much together and had overcome terrible things. Your heart clenched as Jimin watched Namjoon as his verse came up. His eyes never left his leader's face, his expression plagued with regret and sorrow.

They had saved each other in more ways than one, and here you were, threatening all of that. They finished their song and each held the hands of the members next to them. Jimin reached for Namjoon's hand, but he pretended not to notice. Instead he dragged that hand through his hair, and Jimin's face fell. A tear escaped your eye and slid down your cheek.

After a minute, though, Namjoon was the only one in front of you and the sound of a violin rang through the arena. You wiped the salty liquid from your face with the back of your hand as you gave him your full attention.

He walked towards your spot in the crowd with an intense look on his face. He looked upset and annoyed. His words were sweet and lulling as he sang of the love he had for another. His tone turned serious and his eyes hardened. 

He began to rap now, his words harsh and demanding. "What am I to you?" He asked, beseeching an answer. Ice shot threw your heart as his anger was directed towards you for the first time and you hated it.

You couldn't do this. You had to get out of there. With one last glance at the handsome man in front of you, you pushed through the crowd until you reached a break. You bolted down the aisle, running until you reached the exit doors of the arena. You could still hear Namjoon's deep voice blasting over the loud speakers. 

Walking a ways away, you sat on a park bench, your head in your hands. Nobody was out here, so you decided to let go. You let your tears flow freely now, until you heard someone approaching you from behind. 

Spinning around, you saw none other than Namjoon. He came and sat down next to you, his face a blank mask that refused to show you anything. "I thought I could handle it. I thought I could give you time, let you think things through. But if you liked me so much, you wouldn't have to choose. It would just be me. I can't do this. I can't watch you with him. I give up, Y/N."