Under the Moonlight

You disappeared into the tree line with Jimin. You had gone far enough that the two of you could talk without the worry of waking anyone in the sleeping tents you left behind.

"So, where are you taking me?" You questioned, glancing at him at your side.

"You trust me, right?" Jimin asked with a grin. You didn't really know him well enough, so you gave him an honest answer.

"In theory." You said sarcastically with a laugh as you glanced away, a smile spreading onto your lips.

"Harsh." Jimin replied with a hiss and a fake pained expression. You snickered softly. "Come on." His voice dropped in volume almost as if it were a whisper tossed into the night.

Leaning over, he moved close and wrapped his hand around your own. A sense of warmth you hadn't felt since the night you had gone to dinner with him spread through you. Thankfully, he took the lead, staying a few steps in front of you so he was unable to see you nip at your lower lip. Why did he make you so nervous?

You walked in silence for a few minutes, admiring the dark forest and its sounds.

"We're almost there." Jimin called out in reassurance as he glanced back at you. "You're not getting tired from your 'skillful' rapping you did earlier, are you?" He teased with a smug grin. He was making fun of you.

"You little--" You said as you let go of his hand and went to swat at him. He jumped away quickly and began to walk backwards as you inched closer.

"Nice try. You couldn't catch me even if you wanted to." He challenged, keeping his body a safe distance away from you.

"Do I hear a challenge, Jiminie?" You raised a brow, dipping your chin down as a taunting smile creeped across your lips.

He flicked his brows down quickly and scrunched his nose in a rather cute manner. The look in his eyes was almost daring you as he smirked. He flashed you a quick wink before he turned and began to jog ahead of you.

"Hey!" You called out, picking up your own pace to keep up with him.

He started to laugh, purposefully keeping just a few feet in front of you to stay out of your reach.

His laughter rumbled from his chest as he taunted you with his little game. He kept glancing back at you with that carefree smile, biting at his lower lip and letting it pop from between his teeth before he darted behind a nearby tree. In the darkness, you could barely see him now.

You shifted, feeling your shoes dig into the dirt as you made a hard right in attempts to stay with him and swivel behind the tree as well.

Though what you weren't expecting was for him to have stopped, just out of sight.

Your eyes widened as he opened his arms and let you collide with his frame. You squealed at the sudden surprise as he quickly engulfed you with his arms and trapped you in his embrace.

"I guess I win." He said lowly, just a few inches from your face. He was blatantly staring at your lips, his breath washing over you. His close proximity was clouding your mind and sending your heart into a gallop.

"H-how did you win?" Your voice came out as more of a shaky whisper and you cleared your throat, pushing yourself back just enough to see his expression. The fog started to dissolve and you were able to focus.

"Because I have you in my arms now." He whispered with that charming smile plastered onto his lips.

His low tone of voice caused your heart rate to spike again. You averted your gaze, lowering it to stare down at his chest that you were pressed tightly against.