Rap Line

You stepped into the campsite bathroom, happily surprised to see that it was pretty clean. Though like with most 'outdoor' bathrooms, everything was wet and you didn't want to know why. You stared at the puddles in question before shaking it off as Nova handed you a shirt from the bag.

"I'm really sorry." She whined. "Granted, it's not my fault as much as it is Kookie's."

"Yeah, I know. It's fine." You said with a breath. You weren't mad at her, despite the small heart attack she had given you. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" She looked at you concerned.

"Besides the fact that I'm soaked?" You questioned sarcastically.

"Yes." She replied with an unamused stare back.

"It still feels pretty tense out there. It's uncomfortable." You admitted as you disappeared into one of the stalls.

"Well, yeah. It's going to be for a bit. But at least this is better than them bickering right?" She responded, leaning her back against the stall door.

"Yeah, I guess so..." you said with another sigh as you stripped yourself of your soaked shirt.

"Look, let's just try and have a good time okay? And like Hobi said, if we decide we don't want to stay, we can leave." Nova said, trying to be reassuring.

"Where are we even supposed to sleep?" You questioned as you slipped the clean t-shirt on.

"Hobi said they brought an extra tent for us in case we did stay, and blankets."

"Hobi always comes prepared, doesn't he?" You said almost mockingly, earning a laugh from Nova on the other side of the door.

"Come on, let's get back before everyone murders Kookie for his little stunt." Nova laughed, patting on the stall door.

The two of you headed back, and sure enough you spotted Hoseok bear hugging Jungkook in attempts to squeeze the life out of the boy. The sight made your glum mood lighten up, laughing softly as you approached them again.

Jin apologized for spilling the drink on you, but you waved at him to not worry about it. After all, it wasn't exactly his fault. Your eyes shifted to Jungkook, which he noticed as soon as Hoseok let him go.

"Sorry..." He lowered his head as if he were a small child who had just been scolded.

You snickered. "Just make me another drink, and we'll call it even." You said toward the youngest, who was just barely of age to drink.

"Yes!" he nodded happily, hurrying over to where the jug of juice was kept.

The two of you went for your seats, however before Nova could claim hers, Hoseok grabbed her and forced her into his lap. You saw the faint blush on her cheeks and the shy smile that appeared on your best friend's face, though she didn't struggle against his force.

How were they NOT dating at this point? You wondered as you rolled your eyes with a smile and sat down.

More drinks were passed around and Jin brought out hot dogs to roast over the fire. When you asked him why he let you have dessert before dinner, he replied by saying "Life's too short to not enjoy dessert."

Everyone's seating pattern had changed and before you realized it, you were sitting next to Namjoon, with Jimin close by just on the other side of Jungkook.

You listened as the boys began to talk about music, everyone taking turns discussing their reasons for their passion for song and dance. Jungkook shared his experience as a limited time rapper, and you learned that Hoseok was originally supposed to be a vocalist. It seemed hard to believe given how well they performed in their chosen field now.