In This Moment

After standing outside for a short time to let Namjoon breathe, you decided that he couldn't stay there. It was out of the question to let him go back into that building. Not to mention his cheek was starting to turn an angry purple color and was swelling more.

With your guidance, he let you take him to a nearby hotel, booking a room for the night to give Namjoon some space away from his home. You would have offered to bring him to your hotel, but you knew Nova would be on him like white on rice the second she saw his marred face. Better to play it safe. 

Heading up to the room, you led Namjoon inside and told him to take a seat while you went to get some ice for his cheek. He had been pretty quiet for a while now, having not said a thing since you left the parking lot outside his place. But he offered you a small nod before you left the room.

You found the ice machine quickly, and you leaned against it to let the cold air hit your face. You took a deep breath as the memories of your last ice machine encounter played like a movie in your mind. That seemed like so long ago. So much has happened since that night less than a week back.

Returning, you entered the room quietly and set the bucket down. You slipped your shoes off by the door and got to work. You went to the bathroom and ran water over a wash cloth, putting some ice cubes into the cloth and wrapping it up.

Namjoon was sitting on the edge of the bed, hunched over with his hand near his jaw.

He raised his head when he heard you come back, looking at you with an expression that could shatter your heart into pieces. Now that the adrenaline had mostly dissipated, he was forced to stop and think about what he had just done, what Jimin had done. His eyes had turned from a raging fire to a brooding storm. His thoughts were taking a toll on him, but he blinked and they were gone as you approached him.

Standing in front of him, you carefully got down on your knees to be better at his level. You knew that pity would probably insult him; so you kept your eyes neutral as you guided his hand away from his face to reveal the dark colorful mark, browns and blues joining the purple on his handsome face. Your face gave nothing away, you needed to be his strength right now.

He let his hand be moved as you slowly brought the cold cloth up to his face and pressed it against his cheek. His eyes closed and he rested his arms on his legs, absentmindedly rubbing your arm that was on his knee with his thumb. The silence had thickened and you felt like you had to say something.

"I never meant..." You began in a low voice, lightly patting the cloth against his face as you tried to calm the swelling, "I never wanted any of this to happen." You felt his eyes open slowly and focus on you. You tried not to let his gaze distract you as you centered your attention on the task at hand.

"Meeting you, meeting them, being able to experience a new country in such a way that I have with you. It's unimaginable. Almost seems unrealistic." You said softly with a bitter sweet smile. "I don't regret any of it. I don't regret meeting you." You shifted your gaze to his eyes finally, letting your own bore into them. "But, I don't want to be the reason your bond with your band mates breaks." You sighed out as you shifted your eyes back to the cloth that was still pressed to his cheek. Anyone with eyes could see how much his friends meant to him. This feud with Jimin was causing him so much pain.

He remained mute, and it made you greatly miss the sound of his voice. He hadn't asked you for a response to his confession earlier but you decided to give him one anyway. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel something for you, Namjoon, something strong." You admitted lowly as you pulled the cloth back a bit to see if any of the swelling had gone down, and thankfully it had.

"But I refuse to be the reason that your music career is affected." You continued, and his hand stopped moving on your arm. "I can see the passion in your eyes when you're performing, or recording. And it's not something I will ever stand in the way of." You said, at this point you were just rambling as a silent Namjoon listened on, watching you intently as you spoke. But you needed him to know that you would remove yourself from the equation entirely if you increasingly became a threat to his happiness and livelihood. 

"I care about you too much to let that happen to you, especially because of me." You added, your voice becoming a bit quieter as you met his gaze.

"Y/N." Namjoon finally spoke, his own voice low and soft, barely above a whisper.

You would never grow tired of hearing your name come out of his mouth, and your heart sang as you waited for him to keep talking.

"I will never regret meeting you." He said in return before raising his hands to engulf your face in his hands and meeting your gaze with an intense stare. "I've told you before, being with you is the happiest I've truly felt in a while. A happiness that didn't come from my performances, didn't come from my life as 'RM'. You saw me for who I was, you saw me for the 'Real Me', and that's not something I've experienced in a very long time." He explained as he let his thumb glide across your cheek. "And it's that feeling I don't want to let go of. It's YOU I don't want to let go of."

His words trailed from his lips like a perfectly structured letter that left you breathless. For a moment, you were sure the corner of your eyes were wet, and the feeling in your chest was more intense than anything you could recall.

Before you could think of a good enough reply, you lunged forward and let your lips crash into his. A waterfall of emotions cascaded through you as you indulged in the kiss to which he returned.

You let the cloth containing the ice fall to the floor so that your hands could rest on his thighs as you remained kneeling on the floor. You grabbed onto the fabric of his jeans firmly before pulling yourself up to better meet his lips. His arms slipped under yours, lifting you up and then bringing you forward. Your legs instinctively spread so that you could place them on either side of his hips, straddling him on the edge of the bed. 

The warmth of his body you had felt so many times now emanated onto yours, causing you to wrap your arms around him tighter in order to feel that heat as close as possible. You were lost in the feeling. The emotions that only he invoked, the rush your heart gained from being near him. Though you were unsure of what the future held, you knew that you did not want this moment to ever fade from your memory.