A Walk in the Park

You left the award ceremony with Namjoon after he changed out of what he had been wearing. He had guided you to the car that was going to take you to some secret place before going back inside, reemerging in a pair of khaki cargo pants, a grey tee, and a dark hoodie. You felt instantly overdressed. 

He drove you to a near by restaurant that served quick and simple meals. You didn't spend much time there, the both of you not too terribly hungry, but still you ate a little bit and talked over the meal. Nothing too serious, he asked questions about life back at home and you told him what you did for a living and small things about your family.

After dinner he suggested that the two of you go for a walk. There was a trail near the cafe that offered a great view of the city over the water. Of course, you said yes.

You got desert to go, and it was neatly packed into a small brown bag. Namjoon of course offered to carry it.

You headed out into the night, walking close by Namjoon who practically towered beside you. Normally, standing next to tall people made you a little uncomfortable. You always had to crane your neck to look at them and anyone who made you feel small did damage to your fragile ego.

After a few minutes, you hit the area that Namjoon was talking about. Looking to your right, you saw the city glowing in the distance just over the water.

"Wow..." You said with a soft exhale. It was absolutely beautiful. You both stopped to admire the scenery for a minute. Stuffing your hands in the pockets of your jacket, you smiled with contentment.

Namjoon took the opportunity to stare at you from the side, a soft smile on his own lips as he watched you staring at the city lights with such delight. You could feel his eyes on you but figured that if you didn't look back at him, maybe he would look away. You squirmed a bit under his scrutiny and bit at your lower lip. It always made you nervous to be stared at. 

Your eyes shifted upward to the sky, the fluorescent lights in the distance luckily far enough away that you were able to see the stars in all their shining brilliance. It was the same sky you've seen back home, but some how it looked so much more beautiful here. Was it the location? Maybe it was the company, or the fact that you were never able to see so many stars past all the smog and man made lights back home. You brought your gaze back down and glanced over at Namjoon who was still staring at you. You smiled shyly as the two of you locked eyes for a brief moment.

Suddenly, Namjoon's eyes averted as he looked up at the sky. "Look, it's the Virgo constellation." He pointed out, his long arms gesturing to where you should direct your focus. You noticed as he started leaning a bit closer to you as he pointed out the formation.

You looked up to see what he was pointing at and smiled "That's amazing." You said, staring at the cluster of stars.

"Oh, look! There's mine!" You raised your own arm, gesturing to a different part of the night sky where a string of stars had grouped together to form the Aquarius constellation.

He moved to stand behind you and leaned his head down, his chin brushing against the top of your shoulder. You shivered slightly as his breath fanned over your exposed skin. "Where? What does it look like?" He squinted his eyes so that he could make it out.

"It's the one that looks like a stretched out nine, just there." You took his hand in yours, singling out his pointer finger and moving it so that it rested on the bottom of the shape. "I'm an Aquarius, by the way."

"Really? That's your zodiac sign?" He asked with a soft chuckle.

"Yeah, why?" You questioned, turning your head to look at him, your breath catching as he now stood dangerously close. He moved to return your glance, his face now mere centimeters from your own. Your lips parted and you forgot how to inhale as his eyes flitted to the spot under your nose. You swallowed and, fast enough that you almost gave yourself whiplash, turned back to face the water.