Let the Feathers Fly

The night stretched on and it grew colder. You had been sitting for so long that your legs had fallen asleep. You could feel your body aching for rest and you yawned, stretching your arms over your head. Jimin turned his head to you, yours now resting on his shoulder.

"We should head back to camp." He said softly, rubbing your back.

You blinked sheepishly and offered a nod in agreement.

He unwrapped his arm from around you as he stood and offered you his hand to help you up. You took it and he pulled you to your feet, dusting yourself off before the two of you started back down the trail you had used.

The sound of your feet lightly snapping small twigs and crushing leaves as you headed back drew your attention down. You let your mind wander in thought.

Jimin brought you out here. He took you to see a sight to behold. He talked to you, confided in you, and brought things to light. Aside from a kiss, he didn't try and pressure anything further.

The thought caused you to smile. He just wanted some time alone with you, nothing more. Despite how cocky and aggressive he made himself out to be sometimes, he could be so sweet.

"Thank you." You said abruptly as you raised your head to look over at him, meeting his beautiful brown eyes that were already on you.

"For what?" He questioned with a tilt of his head. His hair lightly fell in front of his eyes.

"For bringing me out here. Showing me this." You said, letting your lips spread into an appreciative smile.

Jimin's smile grew bigger. He leaned to the side, bumping his shoulder into yours playfully.

"Thank you for letting me show you this." He said back sweetly.

His smile was infectious and you mimicked it easily.

Finally, the two of you entered the clearing where the tents rested near a dormant fire, still emitting a bit of smoke that was carried away in the gentle breeze. 

It seemed everyone was fast asleep. You could hear faint snoring coming from one of the tents, though you were unsure exactly who was inside.

As if walking you home from a date, Jimin walked you to your tent. Lights along the outskirts of the camp site lit your way as your tired feet carried you. 

When you finally reached the tent you and Nova were supposed to share, you pulled open the flap and crouched inside, sitting near the opening as you popped off your shoes. Jimin knelt down, looking at you from outside. He didn't look like he had any plans to leave.

"Are you just going to stay there all night?" You questioned sarcastically.

"Well, you could invite me in..." He said with a sinister grin and a wink that you caught even in the darkness.

You sat your shoes down near the entrance and swiftly grabbed one of the many pillows behind you. Swinging it around, you swatted him on the side of the face with it in a playful scold. "You wish." You teased.

"Oh, that's how you want to play?" He replied, raising a hand to brush back his hair as you watched his locks fall free to hang in his face.

He lunged inside, grabbing one of the pillows quickly before you could stop him and swatted it back at you, hitting the side of your body.

You turned, taking a tighter grip on your pillow as you swung it back in his direction. He met you with the same force as the two of you spontaneously started a war with the pillows inside your tent.

Grabbing your blanket, you quickly tossed it up in attempts to create a barrier and avoid his next attack. But it still connected anyway and managed to knock you down.